cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAVA Usage Types - SRM with E-Learning possible on same Portal?

deb_nugent2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are trying to plan our landscape as we move forward. We have a question about Portals.

We have a need for a Portal that can handle E-Learning against our ECC 6 EhP4 system. We have installed a NetWeaver 7.3 Java instance and intend to configure it for E-Learning.

We also are in the process of installing a new instance of SRM on NetWeaver  EhP1 for SRM 7.0. For the Java instance associated with our SRM instance, we wanted to install the additional usage types on the already installed NetWeaver 7.3 Java instance that is intended for use as the E-Learning Portal.

In reading the manual “Installation of Additional Usage Types or Technical Usages on SAP Systems Based on the Application Server Java of SAP NetWeaver 7.3 including EhP1” the SRM Usage types do not seem to be listed. When I start the installer, likewise, the usage types do not appear to be listed.

It appears that we cannot apply the SRM usage types to the existing NW 7.3 Java Instance we already have installed.

I then went back into the installation of the SRM instance to check the usage types associated with the SRM kit. I wanted to make certain I was looking for the same name usage types in case they did not contain the “SRM” name. I noticed that some of the usage types we need for our E-Learning portal are not available in the SRM Java instance installation as well.

Can you please confirm whether or not a NW 7.3 Portal that will be used for E-Learning can be also used as the Java instance for the SRM system?

Thank-you,

Deb Nugent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to install SRM usage type on existing NW 7.3 system then it should be ok. You just need to install below SP's and BP's on the portal system and you can use same system.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

deb_nugent2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sunny,

Thank-you for the suggestion. We already knew that we had to install those SP's and BP's. And normally, to add an additional Usage Type, I would go through Solution Manager and select the Enhancement Package updates. But when I do this, I do not see the SRM packages offered. The only time I seem to be offered those packages to be installed is when I use the sapinst command assoicated with the SRM Installation Master DVD.

I cannot see a way to add these Usage Types to my existing system. Has anyone else seen this or have any other suggestions?

Deb Nugent.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried to download installation package of these usage types and then install it using JSPM ?

Thanks

Sunny

deb_nugent2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sunny,

I actually started on that originally. But I could not find the packages in SAPNet. I could find the BP-SRM but could not find a package specifically for SRM Java and for BP-SRM-COM. Which is why I used the "official" method through Solution Manager. This then led to my question as to whether the two sets of Usage Types, for SRM and for E-Learning, could acutally be installed within one single portal.

And I would like to award point for your help but I cna't figure out how to do that in these new discussions.

Deb.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you look Java components DVD for SRM installation there you will find packages of SRM components. Copy these packages to EPS/in of your NW 7.3 system and then install it using JSPM.

And once you installed these SP's. Then you can find support package on the below link:

http://service.sap.com/swdc

Support Packages and Patches - A-Z Index- S- SAP SRM- SAP SRM ENHANCE PACKAGE- EHP1 FOR SAP SRM 7.0- Entry by Component Portal Content NW7.3

Thanks

Sunny