cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to RFC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have to configure a (ERP) RFC <-> PI <-> RFC (CRM) scenario (a daily copy from a DB table in ERP to CRM). In the sender system I will use RFC_READ_TABLE - function, on the receiver side a nearly function module.

Is here a step by step guide available? I only found rfc to file ore rfc to jdbc scenarios described.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Kay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In ESR:

Import Both RFC's in Imported objects.

create Sender and receiver Service interfaces and pattern is Statelessand mode is  Synchronous

create request and response msg mappings

create Operation mapping and cal the sender and receiver RFC's what ever imported in Imported objects.

in ID :

create sender Communication channel and mandatary parameters :

check below link for cretae rceeiver RFC Adapter and mandatary parameters :

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3149269

Former Member
0 Kudos

import both RFCs in IR or ESR

create  msg mappings between their request msgs,  response msgs and if needed fault msgs.

create an interface mapping and use the above msg mappings.

create a sender synchronous RFC comm channel and create a receiver synchronous RFC comm channel and do the receiver determination, interface determination, sender agreement and receiver agreement steps and then test your scenario.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kay,

Have you tried to take one more step and use the Proxy ABAP on the sender side?.

With the sender RFC i've had some problems and the configuration is not so clear. The receiver RFC is easier and only you need to establish the connection parameters.

Regards.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kay,

In general, do not expect to find a step-by-step guide for each scenario you have to develop. And most importantly, do not hesitate to experiment with PI, you will be surprised (positively) with the results . In general, most of the development and configuration in PI is really straight-forward, so you should be able to achieve a lot just following your intuition.

Hope this helps,
Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Baskar Gopalakrishnan: Thank you for the helpful links.

@Greg: Thank you for the moral assistance.

I have started with XI some years ago, was then out of business and now it is a little bit different to go on. Every name changed...

best, Kay