cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Agent Admin navigation from workcenter

bernie_krause
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, all.  We seem to be missing some authorization to view some menu items in Solution Manager Administration workcenter tab.  When I get into that tab, I can see Overview, Solutions, Projects, Systems, Users, Adminstrative Tasks.  According to documentation, I should be also seeing Landscape item from which I could navigate to Agent Adminstration, can't find this anywhere.

Digging through security doc, no real mention of authorizations for this level of access.  We do have SAP_SMWORK_SM_ADMIN assigned.

Any suggestions on what's missing?  We do have a direct URL to Agent Admin that we got through Solman Setup, wondering if we're missing other items from that menu.

Thanks.
Bernie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

allam_drebes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bernie

In Solman 7.1 the Agent Admin link is not available in the RCA Workcenter anymore.

You may start it in the System Preparation -> Step 6.3 'Connect Diagnostics Agents'

You may also use the direct URL (/smd/AgentAdmin):

http://<SOLMAN_HOST>:<SOLMAN_PORT>/smd/AgentAdmin

It still works for Solman 7.1

BR,

Allam

bernie_krause
Participant
0 Kudos

Hmm, I'm seeing conflicting info.  IN note 1462137 it says this.  "

With Solution Manager 7.1, the maintenance mode setting is accessible with transaction SM_WORKCENTER, when logged in as Solution Manager Administrator (by default, user SOLMAN_ADMIN). Select the Solution Manager Administration Work Center. Then go to: 'Infrastructure' -> 'Agent Framework' and choose the 'Agent Admin / All Agents' button."

I've seen the reference to the Workcenter\infrastructure\Agent Framework\Agent Admin in other documents as well, albeit without the reference to Solman_admin ID being used. 

allam_drebes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bernie,

I was not aware about this location to start the Agent Admin UI.

I have tried the steps of the note and I could start the application. I took a screenshot for you:

Are you missing this on  your system?

BR,

Allam

bernie_krause
Participant
0 Kudos

We're not missing it entirely - as with your example, it's available when we log in with Solman_Admin ID.  Just curious as to why it's not visible with our own IDs as we are all Solution Manager admins anyhow.  I haven't been able to find any role that grants access to those functions.

Answers (0)