cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create “Follow on rfx” function for rfxs with purchase orders created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello people! , first of all, thanks to everybody for enter to the thread in order to help!. Sometimes our client  face the next scenario:

A rfx (related to a shopping cart) is published for two items. After the bidding period, the client only accepts rfx response for the item 2. So they create a purchase order but only for the item 2.  So the item 1 need another round of bid, but We cannot  use the button  create follow on rfx” because this disappears when a  follow on document  (purchase order or contract) is created.

So, at this case we need to create a "follow on rfx" for the item 1 without loosing the documents related ( shopping cart/external requirement )

Does anyone has faced the same situation? What solution or development do you recommend to solve this scenario? Thanks for your help

Best regards

Liam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

After PO is created from RFX response, button create follow-on RFX will be disabled.

Since RFX response cannot be changed anymore after PO creation, a new document should be created (RFX) for remaining item.

Regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo, thanks for your answer.. yes I know that button is disabled ones a follow on document is created .. probably I ´ll have to make a development for this.. but well I want to know if someone faced the same situation! Best regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try changing the behavior of the button, by assigning a custom dynamic class under SPRO...."Configure Control of Actions on Header Level" or By creating enhancement in the standard dynamic class.

But even if you get success in re-enabling it, not sure about the consequence, because it may create some inconsitency in further steps, as standard system is not designed for this.... please check entire process cycle thoroughly.

Ganapathi