cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting two SLD to LMDB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on a project where we installed Solman 7.1 and NW 7.3 (PI , EP , BI..).We created the following  SLD's:

- Local SLD on the Solman whil will be used to load the LMDB

- Central SLDs on the PI (of develeopement for all systems except the Production and one for the Production)

The issues appeares when trying to synchronize the 2 SLD due to the difference of Java version (7.02 on Solman and 7.3 on PI), the full synchronizaion was not posible.

So we decided to just create the SLD's on the PI then connect both SLD to the same LMDB.

- Is it possible to just declare both SLD on the Solman_setup (Step 6.1) then adding the SLD in the step 6.4?

Thanls in advance for your replies.

Hassan Khanafer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to a PI reinstall we have a new SLD server and are trying to update the LMDB
to get its info from the new SLD Server.

In the picture below

the first server (srvwin0366) is the old server which has the CR Source checked.

The second server (srvwin0808) is the new server.

If we try to delete the old server we get the error

If we try to make the new server the CR source we get the
error:

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this would be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer,

Actually  we left the idea of synchronizing the SLD of PI and SLD of Solman and we will use only the SLDs of the PI (the development and the Production) following the SAP recommendation without having any synchronization between the  2 SLD  as you can see in the folowing image:

I would like to know if it is enough just to provide the SLD in the SOLMAN_SETUP (Step 6.1) then adding the SLD in the step 6.4 while setting up the LMDB?

Best Regards,

Hassan

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

Yes you are right. You need to define the SLD in 6.1 and add the SLD in 6.4 LMDB setup area.

in 6.4 provide your SLD data and activate the synchornization by choosing "Activate" button.

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In my case i will load LMDB with 2 SLD so i think i have to fill the information of the 2 SLD in 6.1 and 6.4 , isn t.?

Best Regards,

Hassan

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes that's right. You need to maintain 2 SLD details during configuration in 6.1 and 6.4. But always remember to use your Solution Manager SLD as your CR source. ( Check box 6.4 screen)

Rgds

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually i do not want  to use at all the SLD of the Solution manager, in this case can i use one of the PI SLD as the CR source of the LMDB?

former_member182675
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

yes in the LMDB configuration you need to put your SLD URL

but the best way is to use in local sld for the solution manager and make a bridge from your PI sld to solution manager sld

Regards

Naor

0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

Yes, it is possible, in fact you can actually rank the SLD so that when in conflict, the higher ranking SLD will overide the system data from the lower ranking SLD.

Kind Regards

Andy

former_member182675
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

You can try to make a bridge from the central SLD to Solution manager local SLD

that how i use the sld

BR

Naor