cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM with _______

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have three years of experience in MDM and a very light exposure to PI and ABAP. My question is learning ABAP after now will anyway help in my career?

Will that be good move? If not ABAP what would be the best choice to be taken along with MDM which can help to boost up my career?

I don't want to move out of MDM. Kindly pour in your advice!!!

Thanks in Advance.

Thamizharasi N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel any Learning is good and will defenetly help you grow. ABAP is a good option too

My advice would be, learn technologies which are closely related with MDM like MDM Integration with other Modules, PI, SRM-MDM, ABAP, JAVA API's etc

Rgds,
Prasad

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for all your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Thamizharasi N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizharasi,

I think one should have Primary and secondary skills.Most Netweaver interact with MDM and these can be elegible candidates for learning.

No learning is bad.Important question here is what do you want?

If you wish to continue in Master Data area and further explore new evenues of Consulting and Solution Architecture then following are big plus :

PI

BODS

MDG

GDS

SRM MDM

BPM

If you wish to venture out on other skills then you can go for :

BI

Webdynpro

EP

For being a Data Expert as rightly described by  Neethu one has to have a picture of different products too.What I am trying to say here is,all the processes that are involved in getting the data from system A (say) to SAP MDM (Data Quality tools,BODS,Idocs,ABAP,PI etc) ,helping managing data (BPM,APIs etc) and back (PI,Idocs,Webservices etc) are good to learn.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hii  Thamizharasi Nagappan

go for gds-mdm.............it is the future of all consumer supplier industries.........

Regards

Nitish Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hii  Thamizharasi Nagappan

go for gds-mdm.............it is the future of all consumer supplier industries.........

Regards

Nitish Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizharasi,

i would like to suggest you that if you are having 3 years of experience in SAP MDM, then inspite of learning ABAP, you can learn the new technology of MDM that is SAP Master Data Governance as in coming years it will take place of SAP MDM beacause  it is more advanced and highly versatile and robust as compared to MDM.

i would like to give you some introduction of SAP MDG.

It is user for embedded MDM, that is out of box,domain specific master data governance to centrally create, change and distribute master data with a focus on SAP Business Suite.

It is basically a subset of Enterprise MDM.

Please find the below link to find out more on SAP MDG.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/en/7c/a94fabb8274d738d994c2bc1c4cf7a/frameset.htm

i am sure that if you learn this,it will definitely help you a lot and boost your career.

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nevertheless ABAP skills are quite useful for MDG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizharasi,

I think first and formost you should learn Java mandatorily so you can work on many things like Java Api,MDM webdynpro,MDMwebservices,SRM MDM,EP MDM integration.

If you have some knowledge of PI then you can learn PI too as in most of the MDM project PI is by default the middleware.

Or if you want to stick to MDM then best option is learn BODS as with new upcoming version 7.3  BODS will be integrated with MDM.

You can also learn MDM from other vendors like siperian,IBM MDM etc and head to become data expert.

Regards,

Neethu Joy