cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Error

tomas_lindberg
Participant
0 Kudos

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this, but I couldn't find any SLD forum.

The issue is that I'm trying to setup a full sync between 2 SLD's.

The Central SLD is installed on a NW 7.3 system and the other is on a 7.11 system.

Both have the modelversion 1.6.26 and SAP_CR 7.8, however, I get the following error when I try to run the full sync:

#1903 03/20/2012 15:16:43.621 [SLD ContentSync sld/active] ERROR com.sap.sld.contentsync.ContentSyncerFull: Full sync failed for class SAP_SupportPackage. Full sync needs to be repeated after correcting this error.

It seems that the full sync runs for a few percent before it starts to deliver this message, and then the message fills the log.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Your SLDs can be in an issue of timeout because slow transmission rate. So when you first started the "full sync" check if there was a timeout when the information was transferred from one SLD to the other. Since the number of objects to be transported could be high the receiving SLD can easily run into a read timeout.

There is a SLD profile parameter (ReadTimeoutSec; Default=90sec) which controls the time that the receiving SLD waits for a response from the sending SLD before it throws an IO error. You can add the parameter manually as follows:

-> Log on to the SLD -> Administration -> Settings

-> Section= ContentSync

-> Add Parameter

Name = ReadTimeoutSec

Type = Integer

Value =  ...

tomas_lindberg
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, I think the timeout at least got me a little bit further, but I have a follow up question which I hope you guys perhaps can help out with.

Since I will run local SLD's which are updated through bridges from the Central SLD, I need to setup this bridge. When doing so, using a so called "SLDUser" which i hace created in the remote SLD's, I've added the available SLD roles to it but I get the following error:

#1962 03/22/2012 09:40:39.795 [SLD Data Supplier Forwarding] ERROR com.sap.lcr.sagent.BridgeCommunicationHTTP: Can not send data to (remote_sld:port/: 403 Forbidden

What I've noticed is that I only have the following roles available in the UME on the some remote SLD's:

• SAP_SLD_ORGANIZER
  • SAP_SLD_ADMINISTRATOR
  • SAP_SLD_SUPPORT
  • SAP_SLD_CONFIGURATOR
  • SAP_SLD_GUEST
  • SAP_SLD_DEVELOPER

Which means that I'm missing SAP_SLD_DATA_SUPPLIER and SAP_SLD_CONTENT_SYNC which are roles that are available on a remote SLD to which the bridge connection is working.
I'm not sure it is related since the error saids "forbidden" and not "not authorized", but maybe someone have seen similar issues?

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas

Check this note 1678815 and reply the results.

tomas_lindberg
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mateus and once again, thanks for your excellent help. Not yet confirmed, but I'm convinced that this is the issue and the resolution according to note 1678815 (which refers to Note 1617234 - Incorrect SLD security role assignments after upgrade)

Best regards

Tomas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please check if you mentioned hostname as "localhost" anywhere in the configuration of both SLD ?

Thanks

Sunny

tomas_lindberg
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, "localhost" is not used anywhere.