Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jdbc help

sahana_ps
Participant
0 Kudos

hi all,

i have a synchronous jdbc to rfc scenario

i can see data getting successfully fetched from jdbc and sent to rfc and rfc response data getting inserted to database successfully in sxmb_moni,but when i see in database ,no data is inserted to it......

can anyone help me with this issue

i have created

2 data type,2 message type,1 service interface,2 message mapping,1 interface mapping

2 communication channel(sender-jdbc,receiver-rfc),1 receiver determination,1 interface determination,1 sender agreement and 1 receiver agreement

thanks,

sahana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

sahana_ps
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks all ,its working now

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your RFC response is not so big then without BPM yu can achive this like below

JDBC-sender--->RFCLookup---->JDBC receiver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would suggest you to set up two async interface . If you can use proxies instead of RFC , it will be much better. But that its your option

1. JDBC - > RFC

2. RFC - > JDBC ( some background program that triggers the RFC)

Regards,

Krishna

sahana_ps
Participant
0 Kudos

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File-RFC-File(Without+BPM)

I dont want to use BPM.can i use the above method and change my design accordingly.

will this work?

I have PI 7.1 and sp 06 ...

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sahana,

What is your problem precisely? Do I understand it correctly that you cannot see the data inserted in the target system? If so, only mark "Commit Handling for Single BAPI Calls" in receiver CC. And don't think of BPM or RequestResponseBean.

If you require some response being sent from RFC receiver to JDBC sender, you can try with the approach described in your wiki, it should work for you, configured properly.

Greg

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can give a try implementing the async sync pattern without bpm.  Somewhere I read that it works for file but not for jdbc sender. If that does not work, go for two seperate interfaces if you don't like to go for bpm. Give us updates.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

JDBC sender wont support sync communication ,that is the reason .so you have to change your interface design to support the same.(use BPM).

Regards,

Raj

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Raja is fully right. I did not read the message earlier that you get response from RFC.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are seeing successful messages that are flowing between sender and recevier via pi means there is no problem with your design. 

SAP document regarding BAPI commit operation

BAPIs that post data in the target system,that is, make a change in the database, do so by using an update technique whichrequires an explicit COMMIT WORK statement to actually write the data into the database; This requires an external COMMIT WORK Statement and for that reason we use enhanced mode in the reciever communication channel to set commit operation.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sahana,

You are simply missing a commit after your RFC-enabled function module is executed. Changes are not written to the database without that. In your receiver Communicatoin Channel settings, mark the "Commit Handling for Single BAPI Calls" checkbox to fix the problem. Refer here for further details about this parameter if required: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/c8/e80440a832e369e10000000a155106/content.htm

Hope this helps,
Greg