cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mii 12.1 -> 12.2: conditional action block

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

we are planning an upgrade from Mii 12.1 to 12.2.
Preparing this, we discovered a rather unpleasant surprise: the way the conditional action block is handled in Mii 12.2:

In 12.1 we used this type of action block to check if a query,... was handled correctly or not.  And in both cases, the conditional action block would define what the next steps should be.

Now in 12.2 we have the try/throw/catch mechanism (which is a good thing). Because of this, the conditional action block does not work anymore as expected.
When going into error, the transaction stops instead of executing the branch linked to the red output.

We already found a way to disable the exception handling in a transaction by inserting an action block in each transaction.  Like this the transaction gets handled as in 12.1.
But as we have a lot of transactions, I was thinking there might be a more easy/economic way to achieve this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi 2X U (what does that stand for anyway?),

I can't seem to access a single 12.2 workbench today.  I seem to remember there was a setting in the workbench that enabled the Try, Catch, Exception handling globally.  If my memory serves correctly, that may be the source of your issue (if enabled).

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tnx for the heads up!

(2X U should be read as double u as in 'W' :-))

0 Kudos

Hi,

We experienced the same difference when working the first time on 12.2.

As soon as a Action Block fails with error the complete transaction execution is interrupted.

greets

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gerhard,

Are these transactions which were imported from previous MII versions?

Regards, Mike

0 Kudos

Mike,

in my case it is a complete new project on Mii 12.2. This occurs e.g. on SQL queries or SQL commands. If they fail due to an syntax error, in 12.2. the complete transaction execution is interrupted (this is new in comparison to version 12.1).

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gerhard,

I don't know why this is happening, but try this.  Put the Catch, Try, Exception action blocks into use and see if the behavior is corrected. 

Regards, Mike

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What version and build of MII 12.2 are you testing in?

Regards, Mike

Another thought occurred to me.  Does the problem only occur when you are using the exception handling action blocks at the top (try, catch, et. al.)? 

I would expect that the condition will no longer receive the same output from your query action block as the exception handling is working before the next action block is invoked.  I have not tested this, but will try to do so in a comparable 12.2 system if you provide the SP/build information.

Message was edited by: Michael Appleby

Former Member
0 Kudos

12.2.3 Build(173)

It occurs when we do nothing.  If we leave our txns as before (so 12.1 logic)