cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in connection to managed system for CHARM config

0 Kudos

Hi SCN,

While configuring CHARM (solman 7.1 Web client ui) i am receiving an error for CHARM 'check' ('system landscape>change management>consistency check' for 'Maintenance Project' ) for one our CRM QA system.

Error: No RFC connection for system XXX00001 client '000'

Client: 300   Logical system: XXX00001-3   Inactive: No   Role: T

RFC connection of type SPACE does not exist

RFC connection of type S does not exist

RFC connection of type T does not exist

Above XXX = <SID> , after LMDB setup QA CRM was installed and it took the 'XXX00001' SID in lmdb entry. RFC connections to 300 and 000 client are deifned properly in 'managed system configuration' for both clients' and connection/authorization check goes fine. I am not able to understand its an issue with rfc or the 'XXX00001' sid which got created in that way.

Did anyone face this before?

Thank You.

Rupesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi SCN,

Further to this issue i have deleted extended sid 'XXX00001' of QA system in LMDB and entered

'XXX' (real SID) as extended sid. Recreated RFC destinations so , now CHARM 'check' goes fine with a warning '

Message from function module /TMWFLOW/CHECK_PRJ_CONS: System role T of QC1-300 not in project' .

Now not able to interpret this 'warning' so that final 'warning' also can be removed to make sure everything is 'green' ....any idea on this?

NOTE: Removal of extended id given a warning that it is same as deleting a real system so aoosciated logical components, diagnosstic agent etc is impacted. Managed system config needs to be redone (its considerable re-effort) but being CHARM priority for us .. it was neccessary to check this option for resolving issue.

Thank You.

Rupesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi JRM,

Thanks. However sorry to say the note is not valid for the solution manager SP level that we have is ST-710-0002-SAPKITL702.

Appreciate your support.

Thank You.

Rupesh

0 Kudos

Hi JRM,

Domain controller is DEV system for which check goes fine. The issue mentioned above is for QA CRM. Also 'inactive' is in reference to Logical system for which status is 'NO' so it should be ok.

not able to understand what is missing .... with same config we can configure charm for ERP landscape and it works well.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

you need to create the TMW RFC as the first step to go before charm activation, please follow this blog for general understanding

http://scn.sap.com/people/dolores.correa/blog/2008/07/26/first-steps-to-work-with-change-request-man...

and for managed system config , follow this

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Managed_Systems

Thanks,

Jansi

0 Kudos

Hi JRM,

Thats the trouble here .... TMW RFC is created to both clients and connection/authorization check goes fine.

even after i am receiving an error. to add user used for this rfc connection has the required authorizations in both managed system and solution manager.

any other thoughts?

Thank You.

Rupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is your domain controller, you must create RFC for that, might be because f this, it shows error.

it also shows logical component inactive. what was that.?

please check

Thanks

Jansi

andreu_mendoza2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

have you created the TMW RFC connections at the SOLMAN_SETUP transaction, Managed Systems Setup step?

Regards,
Andreu

0 Kudos

Hi Andreu,

Thats the trouble here .... TMW RFC is created to both clients and connection/authorization check goes fine.

even after i am receiving an error. to add user used for this rfc connection has the required authorizations in both managed system and solution manager.

any other thoughts?

Thank You.

Rupesh