cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound delivery creation in ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have done the necessary configuration for PO collaboration scenario in ECC and SNC.

PO created in ECC and in WEB UI i am able to send the confirmation (Order acknowledgement).

I am able to Create ASN in SNC and its getting updated in ECC.

The ASN no is also updated in the confirmation control key "ZSNC" .

The issue is that when the ASN is updated in the PO inbound delivery is also getting created, but the client doesnt want the inbound delivery.

I have created the output type for POD as ZPOD and after goods receipt (without inbound delivery) the POD should be sent to SNC.

Can you please guide me what all necessary changes i need to do so that inbound delivery should not be created and also when i do Goods receipt without ref to inbound del the POD should be sent to SNC.

Thanks a lot.

Regards

shailesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any User Exit by means of which i can control the creation of inbound delivery.

If i dont do the GR w.r.t Inbound delivery then what are the Implicaiton.

How the POD will be sent to SNC?

Regards

shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Input on this issue , How do i handle this issue if the client doesnt want inbound delivery and how do i send the POD to SNC?

Awaiting for your valuable inputs.

thanks and Regards

shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh

I have already suggested in one of your post.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2134483

You can send change PO to SNC after GR is done (without ASN/Inbound delivery) using transaction code:MIGO.

To automate triggering of the PO change to SNC after MIGO is done you need to implement BADI "MB_MIGO_BADI".

See the SAP note 865778

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nikhil i will implement the (BADI-MB_MIGO_BADI) note 865778 as per your suggestion.

So in this case when the PO history is updated after GRN without reference to inbound delivery then Change PO Idoc will be sent to SNC isnt it?

Well in that case What about the Inbound delivery which remains open in ECC, which has been created automatically when the ASN has come from SNC. The inbound delivery will remain open because for LA control key it updates ASN and also it creates Inbound deliery so we cant stop inbound delivery getting created in ECC.

How to handle this situation?

Thanks and regards

shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shailesh,

There are 2 option

Option 1)

No ASN creation allowed in SNC and change the setting for confirmation contorl key in ECC such that LA is not required otherwise won't allow you to do the MIGO.

Now in this case you can do the GR with reference to purchase order and badi implementation as suggested.

Option 2)

When MIGO is done with reference to purchase use the above BADI such that system will update inbound delivery and it will trigger POD to SNC.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a Lot Nikhil.

As per option 1 : What all settings i need to do in SNC so that no ASN is allowed, so that i will not be using LA in ECC and will implement the BADI as suggested by you.

Is there any efffects/drawbacks on other scenario like Release processing,SNI if i dont use ASN ?

As per Option 2:

"When MIGO is done with reference to purchase use the above BADI such that system will update inbound delivery and it will trigger POD to SNC."

Can you throw more light on this ,like if i have inbound delivery and i will do goods receipt through MIGO w.r.t PO the inbound delivery will be updated and will trigger the POD in SNC.

Can i use "MB_MIGO_BADI" so that when User try to do MIGO w.r.t PO he should not be allowed to do GR and system will take him to VL32n so as to Post goods receipt.

Or is there any other way.

Awaiting for your response.

Regards

shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shailesh,

In option 1 your data maintainance will be more like if you have same supplier location combination used for SNI ,release process etc.

Normally same product should not be use for other functionality(like if you are using for POC then it should be use for release processing in SNC).

you to maintained setting with plant,supplier and product wise this may take more efforts.

In option 2 :It depends on customer to have option if they ok with VL32n and not with MIGO then you can do that but my suggestion is go for MIGO with purchase order and it should trigger POD to SNC after inbound delivery update.

sometime inbound delivery manually created first and after sometime ASN comes from SNC which means there are inbound delivery for same PO in that case system will trigger POD to SNC but it will fail in SNC.(I see this issue or some time it does not trigger POD to SNC).

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a Ton Nikhil!

"In option 1 your data maintainance will be more like if you have same supplier location combination used for SNI ,release process etc.Normally same product should not be use for other functionality(like if you are using for POC then it should be use for release processing in SNC).you to maintained setting with plant,supplier and product wise this may take more efforts"

Nikhil Its been decided that for SNC and Non SNC Vendor i will be Using Confirmation CAtegory AB-Acknowledgement

And also Non SNC Vendor will not Create ASN in SNC so onnly confirmation will be there in SNC.

I will implement BADI "MB_MIGO_BADI".  as per SAP note 865778 and as per ur suggestion.

I have a configured below setting as per ur suggestion in SNC:

In SNC for updating PO GR status you need to maintain below validation settings:

PO_OPENQUAN_FROM_ASNGRQUAN Inactive

PO_OPENQUAN_FROM_ASNQUAN Inactive

PO_OPENQUAN_FROM_POGRQUAN Active

I have a query like if i implement BADI ,now if i do MIGO w.r.t PO then as per the note the PO changes will be sent to SNC i.e the proof of DElivery (POD) will be sent to SNC.

In the Case where ASN exists in SNC and when GR is done w.r.t inbound delivery the POD is sent to SNC and the Status in SNC of the ASN is updated as Goods Receipt completed.

In the case where i am not using ASN and i m doing GR thru MIGO w.r.t PO and i have implemented BADI "MB_MIGO_BADI".  as per SAP note 865778. The changes will be updated in SNC.

Which all Fields will be updated and where the POD (Goods receipt Completed) status will be updated in this case?

Thanks a Lot

regards

shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shailesh,

In SNC Open quantity and Received Quantity will be updated from change PO which will update the status of the PO.

If you want to have ASN also then above setting will not update ASN status but PO status will be updated.

Now to achieve both requirements you need to follow below steps:

1)create Z-validation check in place of

PO_OPENQUAN_FROM_ASNGRQUAN Inactive

PO_OPENQUAN_FROM_ASNQUAN Inactive

PO_OPENQUAN_FROM_POGRQUAN Active

Because first 2 validation check will  not update open quantity of ASN(normally when supplier creates ASN system updates the open quantity which later updates the PO gr status)

3 check will update the open quantity and gr quantity which will update the PO status.

These Z validation checks such that based on confirmation control in SNC(ASN allowed or not) system should update the open quantity and once GR is done POD should also update ASN open quantity which will update both PO and ASN quantity with PO,ASN status also.

In ECC you should have coding in a logic like confirmation contorl of ECC which will say ASN creation is there or not depending upon that you can send POD to SNC,if ASN is not there then change PO should trigger and if ASN is there then from inbound delivery POD should trigger.

Regards,

Nikhil

Regards,

Nikhil

Answers (0)