Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

triger a notification after PI finishes process

former_member260907
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I have both File-PI-IDOC(to ECC side) and Proxy-PI-File scenarios. Because both have huge amount of volumes, I have to split and send them with smaller amount. They both work fine. The problem is I am asked to send notifications when the process is done. For File-PI-IDOC one, PI gets a big file (around 75,000 records), and then split them to 500 items for each IDOCs. On Ecc side, when the Idoc is created, I set it "Trigger by background program". How I can send a notification after all my IDocs are created in Ecc side?

For Proxy-PI-File, we will have around 200,000 records, proxy split the amount into 50,000 for each call. In PI, I use file adapter to FTP out the file, and use append to append them into a big file for each day. The same question, how I can send a notification after all the records have been appended to the file? I know I can set to run a command line in file adapter, but it will be called every time proxy sends the files, can not be called only after last call. Is there anybody have any idea?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Charles

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

My suggestion: create a separate, simple "notification" scenario, Proxy-PI-Mail. Execute this client proxy from you ECC system: in the user exit or ehnancement of the IDoc processing program, and in the program where the original proxy of Proxy-PI-File scenario is executed. Alternatively, you can use the idea described in this blog below to send email directly from ECC, without use of PI for the "notification" scenario:
http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/Send+Message+to+External+email+id+and+SAP+User+id+via+ABAP

Hope this helps,
Greg

former_member260907
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

I think this is a very good idea and achievable.

Thanks,

Charles

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How I can send a notification after all my IDocs are created in Ecc side?

>>>

this should be handled from ECC itself.

The same question, how I can send a notification after all the records have been appended to the file?

>>>

Since ECC has the visibility of the total record count, when the last bunch of message is being send, try to add a field with a flag set to X. Use this in your PI scenario to trigger an email notification

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

one possible option is using ccbpm.  For your second case proxy-xi -file, have some sort of count step and after making 4 calls(50k each) trigger send step to make email call. For the first scenario you can handle this without bpm at ecc side through some batch program.