cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work bench request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to configure an Idoc scenario to XI. I entered the Logical System name of my PI system in WE20 of ECC and it said " Enter a permissible Partner Number". I checked SALE Transaction and found that under the Logical Systems names I have only ECC. I tried to make an entry for PI system and now I am getting a strange work bench request. What should I enter there? How can I add my PI Logical system name there ? I think without that entry there I wont be able to add the Partner Number in WE 20

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto TCODE- BD54 in SAP system, create a entry of XI logical system name over there

For reference chk this article (page 6):

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e07dcaa0-a92b-2a10-3a96-b3d942bd1...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before you define some partner name (or literally: partner number) in we20, you have to declare it in bd54 (in the backend ECC system). So enter the logical system that you want to use for PI in bd54 first, and then define the partner profile entries in we20. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Hope this helps,
Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greg,

I went to BD54. I added PI system and tried to save and then I get this pop up.

Prompt for workbench request

View Maintenance Data V_TBDLS                                                                                           Request                                                                                                                                          Short Description

I have to add some values next to Request and Short Description. It doesn't let me save it

Regards

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is a normal prompt for a transport request. Defining logical system name is a configuration activity, which ideally should be distributed over the systems landscape (D -> Q -> P or whatever your lanscape is). So simply choose one of your existing transport requests (Own Requests button) or create a new one with F8 function key (of the "blank page" button), assign it a short description and confirm.

Read more about the Change and Transport system here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/48/c4300fca5d581ce10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

Hope this helps,
Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

as suuggested above, u can include this change in existing TR (F4-> CHOOSE REQ) otherwise create new TR