cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regd Sourcing User Ids

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have implemented Sourcing 7.0. I need your views on one scenario. As per scenario, if one of the sourcing user will leave the team and his user id is present in lots of the document related to Project, RFx/Auction, Contract.

At this situation what will be the best approach we should think:-

>We can deactivate his/er user ID. Create a new user id for new user with the same security profile. Then add the new user ID to the documents where old user ID is present.

>We will use the same user ID and assign it to the new user, after changing the First/Last Name and email id etc.

Please share your view.

Deepak!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I have found it best to inactivate the old user and create a new one for the new user. I have then quickly run a report for each document type (Project/RFx/Auction/Contract) filtered on the old user as the owner, to get a list of document IDs that require the new user as a collaborator. You can then do a quick collaborator import to add the new user to all of those documents.

The main issue I can see with the second option is that the username would most likely reference the old users name and this would not look good to the new system user.

Thanks

Dan

Answers (0)