Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use S_TABU_LIN in SE16N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

is there a chance to modify SE16N to check for authorization object S_TABU_LIN? I found a note on the OSS but this enables only SE16 for this object...

Thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES 3

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it's funny. I would say yes because I would assume that SE16N is using standard FM VIEW_AUTHORITY_CHECK. It's also mentioned in note 1434284 that all standard tools such as SE16N use this FM. But I quickly checked SE16N and it does not use it and code in SE16N does not check for S_TABU_LIN. I would say that SAP should fix this. But the system which I used is quite old and I can see many new notes on service.sap.com/notes so it might be already fixed.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

thank you, while debugging SE16N I saw that SAP jumps into VIEW_AUTHORITY_CHECK, but it doesn't check for S_TABU_LIN .

I'll check with SAP if there is a possibility.

Cheers!

0 Kudos

Really? I just checked a system with enhancement pack 5 and it does not go to FM VIEW_AUTHORITY_CHECK. Really strange. I think one of the reasons why it's not unified is that SE16N does not belong to Netweaver stack. It's part of ECC (for example you don't have SE16N in CRM).

Cheers