cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sm66 process taking long time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts

In our system some reports taking long time than before. like YVBDR08, SAPLSMTR and some others attached to this post.

Please give me a reason and way to analyse this issue.

regards

priyan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All that I can see is "sequential read", The reason why a sequential read happen its because theres no suitable index to be used while executing a particular query into a table.

I recommend you to talk to your abaper to evaluate the need to create an additional indexes for those particular tables.

Regards, Juan

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can see another reason which is quite common for memory issues: you have some work process in PRIV mode, which means that those work process are no longer using extended memory and started using heap memory (private memory). This generally happens when your system is running out of extended memory or this work process already exceeded it's quota of EM.

I suggest you to look at ST02 and see what's your extended memory usage and consider increasing it (parameter em/initial_size_MB or EM/TOTAL_SIZE_MB for AIX with ES/TABLE=SHM_SEGS).

Cheers,

Maurício

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your Database time is high. Check memory Management, connection between Application Server & Database Server, check latest patch of database, OS & hardware is applied. Tell your abapers to change program which will do calculate in the application server not the DB server.

Thanks,

Md. Asaduzzaman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your Database time is high. Check memory Management, connection between Application Server & Database Server, check latest patch of database, OS & hardware is applied. Tell your abapers to change program which will do calculate in the application server not the DB server.

Thanks,

Md. Asaduzzaman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyan,

You can also analyse the issue using STAD ,,, where it will show the timings it spends...

Moreover you can also check re-building the indexes and running stats on table and indexes again.

Thanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Did you check db stats for the table which are doing a sequential read for longer time? Did you check stad and shared cursor cache?

Regards,

Vamshi.