cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to map manual Created TR in ChaRM Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

We went SAP Solution Manager 7.1 sp3 ChaRM Live last night.

Already Developer created maunal TR in development system ( TR not yet released) before ChaRM implement.

So i need to map all the manual TR in ChaRM project and move through ChaRM wokkflow.

Also i need to lock the Manual TR creation in Development system.

plz guide the step to follow.

Rg,

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

You can create a change document( Normal correction etc) in charm and generate some charm transports. You can include the objects of the manual TR into this Charm TR. Then release the charm TR and move it thru charm.

For manual TR creation in Developement, you need to play around the authorisations to restrict  as Charm only restricts creation of the TRs with Charm project in Developement. It cannot restrict the TRs outisde.

Moreover , You can facilitate a process saying Manual TRs won't be approved by Change Manager / CCRB team to move across the landscape.

Thanks,

Jagadish.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expertl,

In Dev system , se03, assign SAP_CTS_project dev client, it ask project while creating TR out side.

Now I am able to control the TR creation  with Project assign only.

So using Project Maintanance  cycle, able to import in QAS & PRD.

But i am not able to stop creating TR outside ChaRM.

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have add manual TR using created TR in charm Project and include the objects of the manual TR into this Charm TR.

How to lock the Manual TR creation in Development system.

Any role in available ?

Rg,

Karthik

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

You can disable manual transport request creation by restricting object S_TRANSPRT

e.g. remove actvt =01,02,43 etc , you need to revist Devlopment user's profile.

Refer link :http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46b/helpdata/fr/28/174b6e5733d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm

Best Regards,

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It depends on how you set the 'CTS status switch', the users will be able to change transports in the satellite systems or not.

Use transaction /n/TMWFLOW/PROJ in Solution Manager and the tab CTS status Switch to enable/disable the transport actions.

pls read:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/1e/29374211f49923e10000000a155106/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/50/363442d692af04e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

also this one

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/3d/8d3237a086024fe10000009b38f936/content.htm

Rgds

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

As far as I know , these CTS switches will only control the transport creation, release and import of only CHARM related transports. It can't control the transports which are created outside.

Thanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you done the charm activation perfectly, system wont allow you to use any of the stms stuffs to create, import tr in stms_import. all will be under the control  of CHARM.

but in some cases , we make this cts switch to activate for only trouble shooting of flow.

if you activate the cts switch, system allows you to use stms to import and create TR.

but by default it is deactivated, hence please check your case whether charm is activated and cts switch is deactivated.

ThanKS

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Earlier, I was also in impression that these CTS switches will control all the transports. But When I played around with these switches, Only the transports with projects( Charm IMG projects) assigned are controlled over these switches. Still I am able to create transports without the project in Dev systems even I close the switch to "Create transport requests".

Even you can see a project column in the import buffer. Only the transports which are having the img project assigned cannot be imported if the CTS switch is closed for import. Other transports without project , I am able to import.

Please let me know if my understanding is wrong.

THanks,

Jagadish.

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your Dev system associated with ChaRm landscape/project?  If not then ChaRm or CTS project will not control transport behaviour at all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,Vivek.... CHARM is working perfectly fine. I am just talking abt creation of transports without "project" field in Dev systems. I can still do it , even if CTS switch is closed to create transports.

Even I saw in some of the SCN blogs about this saying we cannot control these from charm.

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are always some mechanisms available to 'override' the standard practises.This applies to ChaRm as well

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What we had done in our project is to create a eCatt which will assign the transport request without any project to ChaRm project. Assigning manually in SE01 txn code is cumbersome. If you have only few transport request which need to be assigned to ChaRm project then you can use SE01.

Rgds,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please follow the note to acheive the above scenario Note 1150426 - Registering transport requests in ChaRM

Thanks

Jansi