Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk Category is disabled

former_member183835
Participant
0 Kudos

Hai Friends,

I created a transaction type by copy from SLFN. And in my transaction type I changed the default category. But it is showing the default value but the field is disabled.

But in SLFN it is enabled. How can I change this? Help me ....

Thanks ,

Anoop

SLFN SCREEN

MY TRANSACTION SCREEN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you maintained any category under "maintain categories" ,   under ""customer relation ship management" -> "transaction" -> "maintain categories" ;> and after assign transactio types to categories,

Thanks

Jansi

former_member183835
Participant
0 Kudos

Hai Jansi,

As wat you told, I cant see any option called 'maintain categories' under ""customer relation ship management" -> "transaction" ->

But I can see here (I am using Solman 7.1)

SAP Solution Manager -> Capabilities ->Appln Incident Mangmnt -> using Prev Transc types -> Maintain categories

In that my category is there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in 7.1 also the same path , check crm-> transactiom-> settings for activity -> maintain categoires, goals..

please check

Thanks

Jansi

former_member183835
Participant
0 Kudos

Hai Jansi,

In that path so many categories are maintained. Then wat to do?

I am attaching that screen shot of that screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anoop,

Check the Assign categories to Transaction type over there and you can see the support notification lines. Copy them and assign it to your custom support notification Transaction type.

THanks,

Jagadish.

former_member183835
Participant
0 Kudos

Hai Jansi,

My problem solved. Now only I assign the transaction.

Thanks ... Thanks a lot.................

Anoop Satheesan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi. I need enabled or disabled a field in a particular state. I created a transaction type and need to edit the field Component from I-Base. I need to edit the field to make it editable in some states and not be so in another.

My SM version is 7.0 and I cant find how to modify in SPRO.

Someone can help me to change this?
Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anoop,

Can you run the t-code SHD0 and try to generate a screen profile with this category field active for your transaction type and map the new screen profile to the custom transaction type in SPRO?

THanks,

Jagadish.

former_member183835
Participant
0 Kudos

Hai Jagadish,

I am using Solman 7.1. In this already I created a screen profile by copying the standard one SLFN.

That is using SPRO.

In the TCODE SHD0, I can find only screen variant  but not screen profile. Can you please explain in detail to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Anoop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anoop,

When you copied the transaction type SLFN to your Z transaction type. It might asked you to specify the category in one step. If you assign any category then it will take as default and whenever you create a new support message that will come in faded way with the default value.

So what you can do now is Go to the transaction type and go to assignment of Business transaction category --> Click on Business activity -> Double click on Customizing header -> there you will get a field called category .. remove the default value and give it blank. It wont allow you to save.. If you click on back .. one line will come with the values .. you can remove the category there..

THanks,

Jagadish.

former_member183835
Participant
0 Kudos

Hai Jagadish,

First of all thanks for your quick reply. I already set a default category. But my problem is category field is disabled. Itis showing my default category there. But user can't change it. That is the problem.

I am attaching the screen shot here. In that image you can see the default category 'Retiring User'. I want to make it editable.

Hope you got the issue..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anoop,

In my earlier reply, I meant DONOT set any default category .. Please keep it blank in SPRO config so that you will get the field changeable when you create a new support message. If you maintain a dafault category than that will come as dafault when you create and you cant change it.

Thanks,

Jagadish.

former_member183835
Participant
0 Kudos

Hai Jagadish,

I want a default value and in editable mode. In SLFN Category 'User Accnt Management' is coming as default and in editable view.

I want like that....