cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to post the qty out of QI stock?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Material had been changed from non batch management to batch management after inspection lot creation, then system asked to enter the batch number when the qty needs to be moved out of QI stock.

May I ask what we can do to remove the qty or setup the relationship between batch number and that qty? Or any other solutions?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for replies.

Actually we have tried each of options before, but they were not workable.

- In t-code QA02, we didn't find how to add the batch there.

- When we wanted to cancel material number (in order to cancel lot), but system also asked us to enter the batch number.

- We can complete the inspection lot via program ZQEVAC20, but the qty still stayed in QI stock, t-code MB1B can not be used to move it out of QI stock becasue of the same issue.

- We considered cycle counting for QI stock, but it was also failed.

It will be appreciated if you can give solution to me.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Remove all the documents and related objects from the system,(I.e. Archive them), then remove the batch management indicator from the material master.  Clear the material and put the batch indicator back on.

I'd also submit an OSS ticket to SAP on this.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

Do you know how to remove the documents? When we did that, system always asked us to enter the batch number. We consulted from MM consultants about the batch management indicator, material was created as non-batch managed, when it is changed to batch management and there are any qty posted, it cannot be changed back. I have submitted one OSS ticket to SAP, there is no solutions so far. 

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It can be changed back but it is not easy.  You could wind up with the problem lot being required to be archived too.  In which case you would be stuck again.

I would say OSS is your best bet at this point.

FF

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, as a last resort, you can run the UD for the lot, turn on debug, and have an abap'er change the batch management indicator for the material when it processes the UD. 

Not exactly the best thing, but it would work.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the preceding material movement document; if that can be cancelled then the inspection lot will be auto matically cancelled.

also check the change with version history option- you can also use the correct actual quantity option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go As suggested by sujith. You need to cancel all the lots (Under inspection) by cancelling the material documents, which triggered the inspection.

Regards,

Smruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

first Solution : try to put the batch in the inspection lot in QA02.( I am not sure it will work but you can try)

Second solution : you have to cancel the original Inspection lot( without batch) & create a lot with reference to the Batch