Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the Retroactive Billing ?

tony_shen7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am studying Retroactive Billing, I have checked google and library,but I am still a little confused?

Could anyone please kindly give some information or scenairos to make me understand it?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

tony_shen7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi three,

Thank you for your quick and detail answer.

I think they are all helpful for me, but I can only give one sign of right answer.

Regards

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For Automotive OEM, usually customer leverage their strong bargaining prower and resulting in suppliers accepting revised price changes. These change are warrant on existing older invoices and new invoice are created with the price adjustments. And these change can be on older invoice dated back beyond more than a year.

Similarly, in steel industry, where raw material price is warrant the base for price of finished. And price negotiation do take place even though the older invoices are already settled.

To counter this kind of unique business process, SAP provides a standard functionality, known as Retroactive billing (VFBR).

But note, to use this functionality there are some prerequiste you need to keep in place.

Refer Harpreet Singh Kohli's in following SDN thread for further details:
- Retro-Active Billing - Config. Guide
- Retro Billing - Normal Sales Process

If in case, you have any concern or doubt in understanding, then pin point the same in your revert back response.

Regards, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tony,

Heaps of threads available in forum on given topic.

Regards

Ram