cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Web service URL without changing AWS model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am using Adaptive Web Service model to consume web service. The Adaptive Web Service models were created by browsing the service registry.

Now, after I transport the Web Dynpro DC containing the model from Development to Quality using NWDI and test, the model still refers the old web service for the development environment, whereas it should point to the web service in the Quality environment.

Web service for use in Development environment: http://company.com/ws.mdm.bpm.mads.net/dev/Commit

Web service for use in Quality environment: http://company.com/ws.mdm.bpm.mads.net/qas/Commit

Please help me know how to consume the web service for the quality environment instead of development environment  without changing/re-importing the model and without disturbing the old (Web service for use in Development environment) web service and its entry in Service registry.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
what's the version of your NW?
different nw version has different configuration of ws call.
Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using NW 7.2.

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create WS Destinations as per the System where you are deploying the Code..

For Dev, the WS destinations should point to the Dev URL and for quality -> Quality server WS URL

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
that's old nw way,
for CE, it is totally different.
junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
i don't think nw has version 7.2
only CE has version 7.2
when create ws model, you will create service group.
after it is deployed to system, you do configuration for the service group at nwa,  assign a system to the service group, which provide(or host) the ws.
Former Member
0 Kudos
when create ws model, you will create service group.
after it is deployed to system, you do configuration for the service group at nwa,  assign a system to the service group, which provide(or host) the ws.

I have already done this in Development environment.

My problem is that I need to connect to a different endpoint URL (but same Web service) when I transport to Quality.

Here is what I'm doing.

In Development:

Step 1: I published the service (for development) in the service registry.

Step 2: I developed the model browsing the service  registry and use it in WD code.

Step 3: I deployed the model.

Step 4: I assigned a Provider system a communication profile then assign the service group this provider system

In Quality:

Step 1: I published the service (for quality) in the service registry.

Step 2: I transported the WD code from Dev to QAS using NWDI (autodeploy enabled)

Step 3: ???then what???

Please tell me what to do next

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
the same, assign provider system to the service group in QA
Former Member
0 Kudos

I did that, but the model still points to the Web Service deployed in/for the Development environment.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

after you assign the provider system to the service group, check the generated configuration to see if it is using right wsdl and end point.

we have the same issue, if the service in qa is down, the error message say the ws call to dev failed.

actually it is calling qa service. i think it is sap bug.

you create model with dev wsdl, sap may put it some where, when error happen, it only know that url so it is presented in the error message...that's my suspicion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I made the experience, that the URL of the WSDL which is presented in the error message is the URL of that WSDL which was used to import the Adaptive Web Service model.

This is even more funny if you have imported the model from a WSDL file in the local file system of your dev PC ...

Have a nice day.
Bernd

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
it is just another proof of my suspicion.
i mentioned this to sap, the support guy just ignored