cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Alert Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

In productive scope XI the configuration of the alert has been presenting/displaying some problems, I believe that you can be so that in these machines it exists to cluster, because in atmospheres DES and QA this working as it corresponds.

The problem is that the message that is sent by mail is different from the mail defined in the category of alert

<b>Subject: Alertas Runtimeworkbench (The triggering application determined you as a recipient)

Mje: Possible Subsequent Activities</b>

but in Alert configuration

subject : Error ...&SXMS_MSG_GUID&

mje : text of description of the interface with error

bedgrats

Ximena

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ximena, you must perform setup alerts in transaction ALRTCATDEF accessing the system in language EN.

Regards,

Daniel Valdivia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to see the below , did yu transported correctly, dont mind , i am asking like this, plz check it ..

Q6: I moved the Alert Server to a different host. Why don't I receive any alerts anymore?

A6: In the transaction SM59 check the R/3 connection CentralMonitoringServer-XIAlerts.If it doesn't point to the new Alert Server, delete it. It will be created automatically with the correct host when the next alert is created (provided the information in the Exchange Profile has been updated).

Q7: How can I transport my Alert Categories and my Alert Rules to a different system?

A7: The Basis Alert Framework provides a menu Transport in the transaction ALRTCATDEF which allows you to create a transport request for the Alert Categories. However this works only if you have created the Alert Categories in the customizing client (c.f. the documentation of the Basis Alert Framework). For the Alert Rules you may create a transport request by runnning the report SXMSALERT_CONFIGTRANS.

Q8: I don't receive any alerts, however when I test the alert category using the report RSALERTTEST, the alert is delivered.

A8: Have a look at the ST22 for dumps created by the user XIRWBUSER stating that the permission for RFC-Calls or for the function group SXMSALERT is missing. If that is the case, you probably have to generate again the roles and profiles for the XIRWBUSER.

Q9: How can I access in a container variable the name of the system where the error occured (which caused the generation of an alert)?

A9: Implement the correction described in note #944756. After that you may use the container variable SXMS_ERRSRC_SYSNAME to display the system name in your alert category.

Q10: Why are sometimes certain error categories (e.g. SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRTXT) not filled?

A10: This is due to an error in the Business Object Repository when the value of a container variable exceeds 255 characters. Please implement the correction described in note #947738.

Q11: Why do I sometimes receive two alerts when an error happens in a receiver adapter?

A11: This happens because two independant components of the Adapter Framework react simultaneously on the error. The problem will fixed with SP17.

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have this problem on my DEV system. So I believe this has nothing to do with transports.

I've used the mechanism for a while and all has worked fine. But now I have replaced the hardware of my dev system and I have to recreate this alter category and so on. And now I have the described situation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

- verify lenguaje user XIRWBUSER

- verify rol user XIRWBUSER

Former Member
0 Kudos

> - verify lenguaje user XIRWBUSER

> - verify rol user XIRWBUSER

I've checked these two points. XIRWBUSER had no entry at language. I've changed this to German. XIRWBUSER has the roles SAP_SLD_CONFIGURATOR and SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER. I've regenerated both roles.

Sill the same problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

missing this rol SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER_MAIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, XIRWBUSER has the role SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER_MAIN, but this role is only an accumulative role. This role contains the two other roles mentioned above.

BTW I'm on SP19.

Message was edited by:

Gil Ritter

Former Member
0 Kudos

finally the error takes place by some bad configuration of the language of the user who executes the report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

have a look at these threads :

thanks,

pooja

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you look into the Alert Inbox and check if the Alert text is filled up as needed?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

in alert inbox arrives the alert so as it was formed in the category, not thus in the mail.

but the problem happens with an interface that is rfc<->xi<->http

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ximena,

If it only for this interface just go through this note:

Note 913858 - XI3.0 Alerting: Troubleshooting

If it is for all the interfaces I would suggest to retransport the alerts from QA to Prod.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Review notes, but they have not helped the problem and this it even persists

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ximena,

Have you reimported alerts once again from QA to Production? If not kindly reimport and check once again?

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

the problem even persists

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to give this in ALRTCATDEF in short message section .

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the short message section is complete with message

In the Alert inbox the message is the message is shown correctly, but in the received mail the message shows the following thing

Subject: Alertas Runtimeworkbench (The triggering application

determined you as a recipient)

Mje: Possible Subsequent Activities

Additional Data:

- Windows 2003

- SQL 2000

- XI 3.0 SP 18

- WAS 6.40

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I remember facing a similar issue once and the issue was that the sender and receiver mail id 's were the same .

Make sure that the sending and receiving mail id's are different.

Also make sure that the language in which the mail is sent is also the language with which you view your mails.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u put the same in long text and give a try

Former Member
0 Kudos

the problem persists

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ximena ,

Have you opened an OSS message on this?

If not, please open an OSS message ...

Thanks,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already opened to a note oss and this was closed

"If this issue is only with Production System, then the circumstances

you have described relates to a consulting issue, rather than giving

evidence of a possible error and/or bug with standard delivered SAP

products and/or documentation.

"

it is therefore that I look for support of the forum

Thank's

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is bad...

First,

Can you please execute the report RSALERTTEST and give your alert category and see if it comes up correctly in inbox as well as mail...

If the error is still there, Then let us do another test to make sure that something was missed while transporting to production...

For this open the XIP, create a new alert category-a dummy one- directly in XIP and then use the report to trigger an alert in this category...

Thanks,

Renjith.

Former Member
0 Kudos

execute the report RSALERTTEST with the defined alert category and the mail come up inbox correctly :S

The error happens with messages of interfaces HTTP, which are online and synchronous.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need urgent aid with this problem, somebody can help me via msn, gtalk or email. thanks

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you problem occurs only with Synchronous interfaces, well, the solution is in the the note : <b>904825 - Synchronous message processing: Error in CCMS connection</b>

You will need to apply the patch pointed in this note.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

email: xgonzalezd@yahoo.es

msn: ximena_gonzalez76@hotmail.com

gtalk: xgonzalezd@gmail.com

thank's

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem even persists, but now this in ambient development, thus raises a OSS. I followed all the steps taken by you, creating a new alert and verficando in atmospheres, although nonencounter manages to reproduce the error the solution. thanks for the support to the subject.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the problem solved yet? I'm facing the same issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the problem not yet is not solved : (