cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

During Calculate SAP R / 3 4.7 to ECC6 EHP4, packets appear only from a certain level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody.

I performed two upgrade(trial 1 and 2) - SAP R / 3 4.7 (Enterprise 110) to ECC6 EHP4 - AIX 5.3, DB2 9.5.7.I realized the upgrade in two steps, first upgrade SAP R / 3 4.7 to ECC6 SR3 then calculate and upgrade ECC6 SR3 to EHP4.

As the time of the upgrade was very high we decided to perform a direct upgrade - SAP R/3 4.7 to ECC6 EHP4. When I make the calculate in the Solution Manager, some packages like ECCDIMP, FI-CA, FI-CAX, INSURANCE, IS-H appear to level 20 and minimum level 14 .Now starts my problem...I have an environment (DEV) has already been migrated to EHP4 (trial 1), but the packages ECCDIMP, FI-CA, FI-CAX, INSURANCE, IS-H,  are at level 11(The calculate ECC6 to EHP4  rose this packages only at level 11).

Does anyone know tell me why  appears only the packets with level 20 and minimum level 14 ? There is no way to the Calculate  bringing older packets (ex: level 11, 12)?

If I was doing my first trial today, I leave the package at level 20 without problem, but I've done an upgrade first (trial 1) and the Calculate left some packages at level 11 and not at livel 20.

PS : I can not understand why some packages are at different levels in the same upgrade, although done differently.

tks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should refer to Note 1064635 - SAP ERP Enhancement Packages: SP Stacks Release Info Note for more info. Probably, the support packages in your Trial system is higher than SPS11.

Also, is the same technical usage selected for your EHP upgrade? If no, you'll see the deviation as your case.

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

EHP4 stacks have ERP 6 software components along with the release 604 components.

The minimum SP stack of ERP 6 available as of now is SP15. The ERP 6 stacks lower than this have been archived.

It is not a Maintenance Optimizer issue, it is explicitly not permitted  to download ERP 6 with a Support Package stack lower than 15.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

EhP packages are cumulative one, you no need to worry about the packages of level 11, 12.. and so on, lowel level packages available in higher level releases.

please refer the sap note

Note 1165437 - Enhancement package 4 for SAP ERP: Required support packages

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jansini,

Well I still have the problem because I have an environment where I have done an upgrade to EHP4 (upgrade 4.7 to ECC6 and then upgrade to EHP4) and some packages are in a lower level. (eg, AC-FI,-FI CAX (11)

Now, upgrade 4.7 to ECC6 EHP4, calculate the already showed me that the minimum level (eg, FI-CA, FI-CAX) is 14.

I'll take an extra job.

anyway thanks for your answer