cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proportion Factors not calculating correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts...Hopefully, I'm not posting this message twice...the changes to this Forum are challenging and not intuitive.

I am using mc8v to calculate proportion factors against a statistical model's future fcst.  This is stored in apodpdant and I'm using apodpdant as the dissaggregation for a forecast KF.  So, when a user types in a fcst on this KF at a grouped level, it dissaggregates the forecast down to the material/plants according to apodpdant.  This seems to work well for some of my groups and the proportions are an exact match.  But on some of my groups,the proportions don't match.  For instance, I might have a plant that has no statistical model forecast in the future, but apodpdant is giving it a small proportion.  Also, I might have a plant that is declining over time and apodpdant has the proportions rising slightly.  Yet in other areas, it matches exactly.

Does anyone know if there is an issue with how the proportions get calculated?  It seems strange that some of them work and some don't.

Thanks.

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please consider the below the points:
1)Time based disaggregation.
   Time based disaggregation happens before structural-based disaggregation.
2)Rounding effect.

Please check note 410680 for disaggregation and rounding, and also online document http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/ed/f061c18ddd79448c49064f0e645725/frameset.htm for rounding in DP.

If you still cannot explain the calculated proportional factor, it will be appreciated that you provide your oringinal data for proportional calculation, and the result of proportional factors. Please also expain your settings in /SAPAPO/MC8V.

Best Regards,
Ada