Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR User Creation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

System : HR

Service pack : EHP5

I have created a user ID by copying another user ID on HR system.

The new user ID is not able to view the Master Data for the users that he is authorised to view ( by name or by personnel number )

I have compared the Standard Profile and the Structural profile for both user ID's. Both have exactly the same authorizations ( I did a copy.)

On the Org Mgmt  : both users are at the same organization level.

Your advise will be helpful.

Vidyar.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

... have you performed the user comparison?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean by User's at the same Organizational level? Do you mean both the user belong to same part of the Org structure or rather same Org Unit?

Have you compared the Pernrs returned by the structural for both the users and are they same? Do the Pernrs that the user intends to view is returned by the structural? Best is to run RHBAUS02 for the users and check.

Also on a side note, please be careful of the Start Date of the SA assignment and also the dates in IT000 for the Pernrs being viewed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidyar,

I believe if you run RHBAUS00 and RHBAUS02 to facilitate structural indexing of the new user, the problem should be fixed. Make user IT0105 subtype 0001 and A008 (holder) relationship under OM IT1001 are correctly maintained for the user in case your roles/structural profiles are assigned to user/its position.

And if you mean user cannot even search users by name /pernr, then you need to delete any personal list that exists in PA20 or PA30, sometimes these personal lists get created as blank for users and they cannot even lookup users in the aforesaid transactions. Alternately, you can also uncheck the option to automatically pick personal lists in the SAP window of the user (you can look under 'system' or 'options' buttons, I don't remember the exact path for the same...my bad ).

Thanks

Sandipan

Message was edited by: Sandipan Choudhury