cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in exchanging data between two independant WDA FPM Components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I created one Web Dynpro Applicationusing FPM. It displays POWL result in ALV Table and a second Web Dynpro Component to create Sales Orders. Both are independant WDA components developed using OIF FPM.

My Question is: When the user selects a record (Sales Order) in the POWL list and clicks on Display button, the respective record's data needs to be passed to second Web Dynpro Application (Sales Order Display/Change Component). The selected record's data is captured using FOLLOW_UP event from first POWL Web Dynpro component's view and second Web Dynpro is being called by passing Application and Configuration ID's with INPLACE Navigation Mode but I am not sure where/how I need to send the selected record's data.

The second WD Component is being displayed, but no data is being passed between the components/applications.

Request you to kindly let me know how the data can be send from one WD Component to another WD Component, both using FPM, which is a must. If FPM is not considered, I can use Component Usage which will work out but I need to implement this solution with FPM.

Please do let me know if any more information is needed.

Thanks,

Harish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume you mean you want to use two different components in one FPM application. In the first component you run a search and you want to pick a line then open the details of the selected entry in the second component. In order to share data between FPM components, you need to implement a "main controller" that implements interface IF_FPM_APP_CONTROLLER and IF_FPM_SHARED_DATA. Main controllers are linked to the FPM application in the FPM component configuration "global settings."

Another way you can do it is by using a singleton class. You set the value in the first component and you read it in the second component.

A third approach is to use the FPM built-in parameter internal table. You can set a parameter in the first component and get the parameter in the second component.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Thanks for the response. I haven't worked much with FPM apart from creating sample applications. Could you please let me know the 3rd approach (FPM built-in parameter). How can I set the parameter in one FPM WD Component and get the same in the second FPM WDC.

Thanks,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

The FPM object has an attribute called something like MO_PARAMETER (I'm not sure of the exact name). You can do something like this:

lo_fpm->mo_parameter->set( name = <param name> value = <param value> ).

Then, call the get method in the target component.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this Singleton Class Usage for Data Sharing.

http://scn.sap.com/community/web-dynpro-abap/floorplan-manager/blog/2010/08/23/abap-class-using-sing...

Regards,

Ashish Shah

Message was edited by: Ashish Shah - Link Edited

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

The above link is not working can you please update the correct link.

Regards

Phani

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Link is now updated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take a look at this document: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-25220.

It talks about GAF but also describes the shared data interface.