cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't my "Underlay following sections" scenario work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have some content in my Details B section that I want to underlay to the next available section, Group Footer #4a.  There is a Group Footer #5 inbetween, but it's always suppressed.  Basically, I have content on the left side of my Details B and content on the right side of my Group Footer #4a, and I'd like to have them appear alongside one another when certain conditions are met.  But even without setting up specific conditions, Details B doesn't seem to want to underlay.  Is what I'm requesting simply not possible, or could there be something I'm missing?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bump.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that you can set up group footer 5 as underlay.

however I think I would also go the a group footer# 4c ( or wherever) and don't use underlay just post this section as if it had been underlayed  ( and just check there is not a Details C section)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alun,

Sorry, I'm having a little trouble following your post.  Are you suggested setting Details b and Group Footer 5 as underlay?  I've tried this and it also doesn't work.  I've also verified that there is not a Details C section inbetween. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I was trying to do two things at the same time.

Lets stick with underlay.

this should work

as a first try Move all the stuff in footer # 4c into #4a and all eth stuff in #4a into #4c ( as in theory #4a and #4b are also between #4c and details B

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have a Group Footer #4c.  What I have is:

• Details
  •      Details a
  •      Details b
  • Group Footer #5 (suppressed)
  • Group Footer #4
    • Group Footer #4a
    • Group Footer #4b

I'm trying to overlap Details b with Group Footer #4a.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

I don't think you can do this. I have used underlay in group headers and successfully underlayed the following group and detail sections, but I think the Group footer will/must finish printing before the next group & detail line(s) will print.

Debi