cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during LONG TO LOB conversion in dictionary managed tablespace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

I am proceeding with a online table reorganization in our BW system. we have oracle version 10.2.0.5.0

I performed clean-up for some fast growing tables EDI40, BALDAT, RSBATCHDATA..etc. as suggested by SAP.

As a prerequisite for on-line reorganization I decided to perform LONG to LOB conversion of LONG RAW fields existing in these tables.

brspace -o process -f tbreorg -a long2lob -t BALDAT -n PSAPBTABD -i PSAPBTABI -e 3

But I got the error as "Tablespace PSAPBTABD is not locallymanaged tablespace"

Due to this warning I am not able to proceed with the on-line reorganization. We can not go for offline table-space reorganization because we do not have more than 30 GB free space anywhere in system drives to export the TS. Also Downtime is not possible. The table PSAPBTABD is having size of 600 GB.

Do we have any workaround for this? Can we reorganize a single table containing LONG RAW fields in a dictionary managed table-space?

Is any kind of import export method canbe used in such scenario?

Please suggest. I am stuck here and not able to find any solution even after a long search.

Regards

Sujit

SAP Basis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sujjit,

SAP is very clear that in case of LONG-LOB conversion the target tablespace needs to be locally managed. Please check OSS note 646681.This is a basic pre-requisite and ideally before starting re-org we should procure additional temporary storage needed for re-org purposes.

I think in your case no work around as such is possible. Further export/import would need downtime..

May be you can ignore these LONG-LOB tables and do the re-org for the other tables till you get the extra storage. Also as far as I remember online re-org needs as much free space on disk as the object getting reorganized. So I am not sure how you are going to proceed any further without additional storage.

You also need to move from DMTS to LMTS (SAP recommendation).. So I guess you should get the sotrage!

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ruchit,

Thanks for the details. As per your suggestion I will try to get additional space. Also will try to start reorg from TS having less size.

Thanks again for your answer.

Sujit