Did you mean: 

transport management in SM 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

I executed action "Pass Normal Change to Test"

error: You are not authorized to perform the activity selected last

I executed job "Import transport request" in Task List:

Changes weren't transferred to the TEST.

Help me resolve the problem!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is always helps to fix the auth issues, Just switch on the st01 authrization trance for the particular user and do the same action, switch off the trace and analyse log. now you are able to get exact auth object which got missing

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts!

I couldn't solve my problem:

error: You are not authorized to perform the activity selected last.

I (My User) have the profile SAP_ALL in all client of DEV(SW1) and QAS (SW2).

My steps in web:

I carry out a step according to the Simulation (HTM/SWF) Normal Change...

Status of My Normal Change "In Development". Step: Action Pass change to Test

There was the error but the status of Normal Change became "To Be Tested".

1. Impotr transport request, Create transport request in Task List of Project - OK.

2. In transaction ST01 I didn't find problems with the Authorization Check.

How to solve my problem: Transport of Copies = 0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

Authorisations required for Solution manager actions (eg. to perform transports via ChaRM) are sometimes above & beyond SAP_ALL & SAP_NEW.  The user id will especially need the permission to perform RFC calls through trusted RFC connections to satellite systems, as well as connection\user id in client 000 of the satellite system. see also notes 128447, 881553, & especially 840516
tnx,
Steve

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

Some possible reasons:

1. Task of the transport request not released. (transport of copies not created and released because of that). In the task list picture that you showed, it seems that nothing was released, so please take a look at the import buffer if something is there waiting to be imported or not.

2. Wrong maintenance cycle phase, not possible to release transports.

3. Maybe you don't have authorization to execute activities such as "release transport"  defined in role SAP_CM_SMAN_CHANGE_MANAGER in SolMan. (not in DEV or QA of satellite systems).

4. Missing configuration in IMG activities (transaction SPRO) below Change Management->Change Request Management Framework->Actions in Change Request Management such as "Assign conditions to status values" for transaction type SMMJ.

As I don't know how your confguration is set up and also your authorization roles in SolMan, I can only wonder what could be the reasons.

Best regards,

Raquel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts!

In web I didn't solve a error (You are not authorized to perform the activity selected last). I (My User) have the profile SAP_ALL in all client. Why it is not written, what rights are required. Through the Maintance Cycle  of the project I SUCCESSFULLY create and I transfer copies of request.

What are privileges required in web?

former_member182675
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the guide:

solution manager security guide

You have there all the necessary roll

For your error sap_all not good

Best regards

Naor

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appropriated many roles with the generated profiles. I want to understand the scenario Change Request Management. Then I will already deal with privileges.

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dmitry

Have you checked the blog post of Raquel? http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2012/03/10/authorization-object...

That might help you out.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dmitry Zakharenkov wrote:

I appropriated many roles with the generated profiles. I want to understand the scenario Change Request Management. Then I will already deal with privileges.

You can get the live demo on http://service.sap.com/rkt-solman go to solman 7.1, change management,

there you can get the demo for task of change manager, request for change and all

and I am asking you to read the charm related blog of Dolores, here http://scn.sap.com/people/dolores.correa/content,

it really helps you to understand the charm Process flow

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raquel,

I am too facing the same issue. TOC is not getting generated. I have released the task and the project cycle too is in Test Phase.

Let me know what can be the issue here.? early reply will be appreciable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're not supposed to be able to create Transport of Copies during the Test phase in order to stop you from importing changes into your test system during testing.

You have a few of options to allow this to occur.    

1. Reassign your normal correction to another maintenance cycle that is not set to Test

2. Put your phase back to In Development with Release

3. Remove the check of the phase being set to test

In a three system landscape I wouldn't recommend any of these. Only Defect Corrections should be used to get changes into the test system.

In a four system landscape, where regression testing is done in the pre-production system, I would recommend #1.

#2 and #3 should be avoided.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey jason,

Thanks for your reply. It was fixed by changing the phase of maintainence cycle to dev with release.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's probably the objects S_RFC and S_RFCACL. Do you have these assigned to your user in SolMan AND the target systems? People forget the target systems authorizations a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have assigned  S_RFC and S_RFCACL to my user in SolMan AND the target system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you turn on the trace in your development system when this failed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I included trace ST01. But problems with the my user didn't find.

Tcode slg1:

Where to look at information that doesn't suffice to my user?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Strange issue, we too ran into a similar issue during our implementation. Everything related to authorization was in place and ST01 security trace was showing any helpful results.

Our issue got resolved by maintaining proper ranges in the CRMBS02 transaction. Select the respective Status Profile and check if the 'lowest' and 'highest' status numbers are defined correctly. After maintaining these we were able to move ahead in the CHARM UI.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srikishan,

I check the Satus Profile and indeed their was a mistake in the Status "lowest" and "highest" number.

This resolved my issue.

Thanks you for the post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using standard transaction types or customized ones? Also check if the proper roles are assigned to the user ID. Below composite roles are required as per usage:

SAP_CM_DEVELOPER_COMP

SAP_CM_CHANGE_MANAGER_COMP

SAP_CM_TESTER_COMP

SAP_CM_OPERATOR_COMP

SAP_CM_REQUESTER_COMP

SAP_CM_ADMINISTRATOR_COMP

Make sure the roles are modified(incase using custom transaction types) and generated as well. Also check the CRMBS02 transaction to ensure the Lowest and Highest Status no. are maintained properly for your respective transaction type status.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

Is there any additional error information in the logs at transaction SLG1?  Is it possible that authorisations and connection to satellite system client 000 of transport domain controller (required for transports) are not configured ...  see note 913232, which is old but good.

Thanks,

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Landscape SW0->SW1->SW2

I don't understand, how the copy of transport request  should is transferred in to the Test (SW1) without deblocking.

The transport system settings is correct, because transport request is correct transferred  in TCODE STMS (from SW0 to SW1) only after deblocing of transport request.