cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap netweaver BI upgrade 7.02 to 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to upgrade our BPC env to BPC 10 and as a per-requisite we have upgrade our BI to SP3.

My question is:

1) Do we have to use EHP installer for this upgrade?

or is there any other way?

2) Is 7.3 available for general customers?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny and Ruchit, thanks a lot for your reply.

I was going through an upgrade guide which mentions about using SUM (software upgrade manager) for this type of upgrade. How is this different than SAPup? If possible could you please provide any documentation available for using SAPup?

Ruschit, sorry about the confusion I was refereeing to NW 7.3 not SP3

thanks

-Bobby

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) SAPup and SAPJup for Upgrades from Source Release SAP NetWeaver 7.0 and Lower

2) Software Update Manager for Upgrades from Start-Release SAP NetWeaver 7.1 and Higher.

Please read upgrade guide as all the things mentioned in the guide.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bob,

We have the same issue going to  erp 606.

Enter DVD Mount Points

Enter mount points for the DVDs required for the procedure.

Enter at least the mount point containing Kernel DVD

The requested data carrier is not mounted on any of the mount points you entered

Any ideas which one would be the right one?

we appreciate your comments... we are stock.

Thanks, Ruben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The export for Netweaver 7.3 is now available in SMP, with different material #51043284.

Thanks

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Ruchit, I might be wrong I'll double check the note. I'm still not able to locate the Export Software, I goto SWDC --> installation and upgrades-->search sw-->51042309. I also went to the location I see all the other software except EXPORT.

Could you please send me the location path.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby,

As I said 51042309 isn't available in the marketplace. And I think you already have raised an OSS for that. However try downloading 51041819_1 and 51041819_2 and see if it contains upgrade export  (as per description it contains installation export. If it does you can continue without waiting for SAP to reply for your OSS. Meanwhile let me also check

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Thanks for your reply. I've checked the note it says "Upgrading from SAP NetWeaver 7.0 or SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including enhancement package 1 or 2".

Also I'm not able to locate "51041819_1 and _2" in smp. We have raised a OSS message with SAP and hopefully we'll have solution for this. Meanwhile please let me know if you find any info.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

OSS note 1626284 doesn't state that upgrade to NW 7.3 via SUM is supported for NW 7.0. The only case it is supported is for NW 7.0 PI system!! Upgrade to NW 7.3 EHP1 is supported though. Here is the relevant excerpt:

• Upgrading to SAP NetWeaver 7.3 for the following upgrade paths:

Upgrading from SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1 or SAP NetWeaver
Process Integration 7.1 including enhancement package 1

Upgrading from SAP NetWeaver 7.0 - Process Integration, SAP NetWeaver
Process Integration 7.1, or SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1 including
enhancement package 1, each with installed PI Adapters (SWIFT, BCONS, ELSTER) on

Upgrading from SAP NetWeaver Mobile 7.1 or SAP NetWeaver Mobile 7.1
including enhancement package 1

Upgrading from SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1, SAP NetWeaver
Composition Environment 7.1 including enhancement package 1 or SAP NetWeaver
Composition Environment 7.2 (production edition)

Upgrading from SAP NetWeaver 7.0-based Java hub systems which have Business
Suite 7 applications installed on top (enablement on SAP NetWeaver
7.3)

Suite 7i2010 applications installed on top (enablement on SAP NetWeaver
7.3)

Suite 7i2011 applications installed on top (enablement on SAP NetWeaver
7.3)

Further I can see the installation export DVD. Not sure fif you are checking in the right area.

Are you checking in Software Download Centre under installation and upgrades-->Search for installation and upgrades ?

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like we also have to download the software separately apart from MOPZ..now the craziest thing is that export sw is not available in SMP for sap netweaver7.3.

Not sure whats going on,..please let me know if someone as any helpful info.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby,

As per the media list you need Blue ray disk # 51042309 but it doesn't seem to be available on marketplace. May be time to raise an OSS with SAP.

Here is the media list:

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700001301332010E

According to this document 51042309 is supposed to contain installation export as well. However I couldn't find this as mentioned above.

Marketplace however has 51041819_1 and _2 as installation export for NW 7.3. May be this might contain upgrade export as well.

Probably you can download this and check it.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby,

Further I would like re-iterate the point Sunny has already made. SUM is not supported for upgrade from BI 7.0 to BW 7.3 as per my understanding and so shouldn't be used. Please check OSS note 1626284 as well.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny and Ruchit...your suggestions were really helpful.

Since we had some issues using SAPUp, we are using SUM to do the upgrade(as per note:1591328).

Now we are having issues:

During the extraction phase its expecting an input to mount the DVD for kernel but we have downloaded the software using MOPZ and so we dont have any label.asc files. This is really a confusing situation while writing to you here I'm also downloading the 7.3 kernel so that I can point to label.asc file(not sure if this is correct) and try continue installtion.

The actual error/message is:

"Enter mount points for the DVDs required for the procedure."

"Enter at least the mount point containing Kernel DVD for OS WINDOWS_X86_64 and Unicode"

"The requested data carrier is not mounted on any of the mount points you entered."

Please suggest how to proceed further.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to provide path to DVD only. If you want to upgrade kernel to latest level then kernel in the DVD then you can put latest kernel in the download directory.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

We have downloaded the software using solution manager, MOPZ so we do not have DVD. Also I tried pointing to the download directory(where we have all the software) but it still comes back with the same below message:

"Enter mount points for the DVDs required for the procedure."

"Enter at least the mount point containing Kernel DVD for OS WINDOWS_X86_64 and Unicode"

"The requested data carrier is not mounted on any of the mount points you entered."

Please suggest.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunny, that was really an helpful answer, appreciate it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby,

1st question: Is to SP3 of the same release or are you referring to NW 7.3. If NW 7.3 you have to go for proper release upgrade using SAPup as already mentioned by Sunny. However if it SP3 on the current release then you can either go through SPAM or use SAPEHPI (canbe used if number of support packs is large in order to reduce the downtime).

Regards.

Ruchit.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Do we have to use EHP installer for this upgrade?

No. You need to use SAPup for it.

2) Is 7.3 available for general customers?

Yes.

Thanks

Sunny