I need configure this fields.

Host name

Httpor message server

Deploy port

Deploy hosts

Deploy password

where I collect these data?

Integrate runtime system into jspm scenario

what is the benefit to integrate with jspm?

And which user I put?

Administrator?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Catalina,

The runtime system specific config depends on the release of the runtime system.

If the runtime system is 70X (i.e. 700, 701 or 702) or lower (e.g. 640) then the port is always using the SDM port that is 5XX18 (where XX is the instance number). For such systems there is no need to enter any user, since there is only one user this case, the SDM user, this is why in such configs there is no way to enter a username.

If the release is higher than 710 then since on such systems we have no more SDM (only deploy controller) the port to be used is the P4 port instead of the SDM port.
The P4 port is 5XX04.
As of this release the deployment is allowed to be triggered only by the Adminisrtator, so you are right, here you need to enter a username (and its password) that has j2ee administrator priviliges.

Now the "Integrate JSPM scenario" is the following.
Imagine that you intend to develop for instance ESS (Employee Self Services).  ESS is a special case, since it is a software that can be modified by customers, but if you don't do that, then you can simply deploy it and use it right away. Now let's assume you would like to upgrade your system and your basis admin downloads the ESS and deploys it. If you have developed it previously, this deployment will overwrite all your changes, i.e. you may face data loss. Therefore you have a possibility to mark a runtime system that is "under NWDI control". What happens this case is that when your basis admin upgrades the entire SP stack, then the ESS components won't be overwritten by the standard delivered software since it is developed by you. Read more on this here http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/49/11952f56cd740ee10000000a421937/frameset.htm

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Ervin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Httpor message server

Deploy port

Deploy hosts

Deploy password

ask your basis regarding this data.

for user, you can put administrator there.