cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disaggregation Logic

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing an issue with disaggregation..I want to have disaggregation with respect to another KF. I have two KF KF1 and KF2.. KF2 value is derived from KF1.  I want KF2 need to disaggregated with respect to KF1 values in detail level.. I found there is two logic of "P" and "I" for disaggregation..

I am not sure whether this would work or not.. I want my disaggregation with respect to another KF, kindly help how I can attain his result.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhaskar,

If you wish to have your KF2 always be disaggregated using the same ratios as KF1, then you will probably use 'P', and assign KF1 as the disaggregation Key Figure.  KF2 will then review Key Figure values contained in KF1, and then disaggregate KF2 using the same ratios as KF1.  The system will thereafter automatically maintain KF2 disaggregation accordingly.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/47/d12b801fb26c68e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

DB49

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the help. P and I both worked for my scenario.

Process is working as required by us. I really appreciate the work.

THanks,

BEst Regards,

Bhaskar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

I would like to understand what you mean by:

KF2 value is derived from KF1. 

Using P should mostly be suitable for your case as others also already mentioned.

I is relevant when you want to do a pro-rata for a KF based on the previous values of the same KF. So, KF2 would get pro-rata disaggregaion based on previous values of KF2. Only when the values are initial, meaning that you are maintaining it for the first time, or maintaining it after making the values zero first, then the disaggregation would happen based on another KF that you specify.

Thanks - Pawan

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want KF2 always has the same proportions as KF1, then use 'P', and set KF1 as proportional key figure.
If you want KF2 to be derived from KF1 only for the first time when data is entered, then use 'I', and also set KF1 as proportional key figure.

Best Regards,
Ada

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bhaskar,

We have structural and time-based aggregation and disaggregation in APO. From your question, I understand your query is about structural disaggregation i.e. selecting appropriate calculation type.

If you choose calculation type as P (based on another key figure) for KF1 and specify another key figure KF2 for disaggregation, the KF value (newly created or changed) at aggregated level will be disaggregated in to detail levels in same proportions as suggested by KF2 values. 

Where as calculation type I uses KF2 values to disaggregate the newly created value of KF1 at aggregated level and any subsequent changes to the KF1 value  will be disaggregated in to detailed levels in equal proportions i.e. If you change data on aggregate level, the values on detail level change so that each value has the same proportion with regard to the aggregate value as before.

However, make sure that you follow SAP recommendation to use the calculation type I together with the time-based disaggregation type I.

Thanks,

Rajesh

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the help. P and I both worked for my scenario.

Process is working as required by us. I really appreciate the work.

THanks,

BEst Regards,

Bhaskar