Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Plan Cost from CO Version

former_member1201947
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are doing cost planning of Projects using CO Versions. We already have some plan costs in CO Version 0,1 and 2 for our Projects. We want to delete plan costs in CO Version 2 and make it zero. Is there any transaction, using which we can delete plan costs in CO Version 2 only and keeping rest other plan costs unchanged?

Thanks in advance

BR / Nish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How are the costs planned in version 2? The root of planning needs to be eliminated to delete planned costs. For eg if you have done hierarchical planning delete costs in CJ40. If network costing is done you may have to delete network activities in CJ20N. Check CJ40 and cost report S_ALR_87013542 for your project, this will tell you from where cost plan is coming. Then you can proceed accordingly.

Regards

Shrikant

former_member1201947
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

Thanks for your reply. The cost planning method is as follows -

We create project in project builder and cost planning for materials is done by using "material planning" field on network activity. For Engineering cost planning is done using combination of work center, activity type and work hours. By default this cost plan takes place in version 0.

Then we copy cost plan from version 0 to version 2 using T-code CJ9FS. Now we want to delete plan costs from version 2 without changing any plan costs in version 0.

BR / Nish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you tell us the business need behind deleting the plan costs in version 2. As far as i know having costs stored in version 2 or any other version other than 0 wont affect anywhere.

former_member1201947
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Thank a lot for reply and showing interest in my problem.

Earlier we were doing cost planning as mentioned above. Plan costs in CO version 0 are referred as current month plan cost and Plan costs in CO version 2 are referred as previous month's plan cost. The business requirement is to store plan costs for previous month in different CO version so that it can be compared with current month plan costs. We are achieving this by using two different CO versions i.e. CO version 0 for current month and CO version 2 for previous month

But we face a problem in planning costs in multiple currencies especially for "material planing field" on activity as it can be planned only in controllign area currency. So we decided to change cost planning using ECP so that we can plan costs in object currency.

But now the problem is, most of our projects are already having cost plan in CO version 2 and if we start using ECP with CO version 2 then costs will get added into existing costs available. Hence I want to delete existing plan costs in OC version 2 and start using ECP.

BR / Nish

adam_sobkowicz2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Try to use program RCNCP001, there is an option to delete plan cost data. Maybe it will help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can try with CJ9D transaction. having option for delete target version. but this transaction doesnot solve much of your req., so also pl refer to note 521254 which can be useful.

former_member1201947
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

It worked perfectly as I want !!!

Thanks a tonne for your help

BR / Nish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for explaining your business case.

If i was in your place i would have created project versions instead of creating different CO versions for comparing the costs. This way i would have the flexibility to compare the costs in standard reports like CN41 etc. as well as create custom reports to extract these costs for comparison. Try to use the project version functionality to fulfill your need of comparing costs. It should work for you.

Secondly you can use the program RCNCP001 to delete the costs that are stored in version 2.

Let us know if this helps.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

use kp90 transaction

former_member1201947
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thanks for reply

KP90 works only if WBS Elements are marked as "Plan Integrated". We do not have marked WBS Elements as "Plan Integrated". Is there any similar transaction where we can delete plan costs specific to project?