cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Error on NW7.3 EHP1 JAVA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to install a Application Server Java only system based on NW7.3 EHP1. We are using a Distributed Landscape and I'm installing the Database Instance on Windows 2008 R2 and MSS 2008 R2. I'm running into the following error during the SAPinst installation.

"An error occurred while processing option SAP Nwtweaver 7.3 -> SAP Systems -> Application Server Java -> Distributed System -> Database Instance (Last error reported by the step: Unable to find file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW73\INSTALL\NW73\MSS\DISTRIBUTED\JAVA\DB\usages_data.xml. DIAGNOSIS: The file is missing from the product directory of the installation media or it could not be generated from an existing system)"

I have attached the sapinst_dev log file with the actual error.

Please let me know if anyone has ran into this error in the past. I did find OSS note 1181025, but that is for a dual stack system, we are just installing a single JAVA system.

Thanks,
Dale Dingmann

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you confirm that the user running sapinst is a member of both

local administrators and Domain Administrators groups, if not please?

add the user to both groups and retry the installation.

Regards,

Vipin

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dale,

I suggest you to refer SAP note :1678319 - Sapinst fails in step getUsageTypes during export of NW 7.0

where DEFAULT.PFL profile is asked to check.

Thanks,

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Additionally check SAP note:

Note 1552840 - Inst. SAP NetWeaver 7.3 EHP1 - UNIX

Error:Error number 207 error type SPECIFIC_CODE

1. Stop SAPinst.

2. Create the following operating system users manually:

<sapsid>adm

sapadm

<dasid>adm

ora<dbsid> (if your database is Oracle)

sqd<sapsid>, sdb (if your database is MaxDB)

db2<dbsid> (if your database is DB2 UDB for Linux, UNIX, and Windows)

We recommend that you assign the same password to these operating system users as the Master Password that you intend to use during the installation with SAPinst.

For more information, see section "Creating Operating System Users" in the installation guide for your SAP system at http://service.sap.com/instguides.

3. Restart SAPinst with installation option "Run a New Option".

Also Error shows"Account user="BWDBDEV\SAPServiceBDJ" does not exist."

Pls check OS level users along with correct permission and restart SAPINST again.

Best Regards,