cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade From RPM v4.5 to RPM v5 - Who has done this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Fellow PPM Users,

I am looking for clients that have completed their upgrade from RPM v4.5 to version 5 lately? If possible, I would like to share their experience regard the upgrade and may be get some insight from their upgrade, the good and bad.

We have a highly customized RPM v4.5 and our aim is to get ready for an upgrade last Q this year beginning next year, with a goal to get back to "vanilla" RPM!

Anybody willing to share their upgrade experience.

Kind Regards,

Hein

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hein,

We have done the upgrade from 4.5 to 5.0 last year and it was very smooth. we had a lot of customization as well but 5.0 proved to be very flexible and there were minor issues that needed to be resolved. The important point to understand is the different methods and processes that can be utilized while developing custom objects/components in 5.0.

Let me know if you have any specific questions regarding the upgrade and i'll be glad to answer back.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hein,

I have done the upgrade from 4.5 to PPM 5.0 recently. my upgrade experience was very good and minimal to no hiccups at all. We have not used our system much before this and had minimal custom programs I think this was the main reason for no hiccups.

Now looking back I am glad we have done the upgrade especially due to the benefits I see now. I do not understand when you say get back "Vanilla RPM". Can you elaborate please.

regards,

NK