Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinspection of material before expire date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have following requirement.

How can we map following scenario

For some of chemicals i have to do re inspection before one month before expiry date.Expiry date may be 1 year or more than i year from date of manufacture.

i need system to generate automatic inspection lots 1 month before expiration date instead of periodic inspection.

Pls give settings needed and process flow steps.

Thanks & regards

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

First of all you need to activate inspection type 09 in QM view of material master.

1. Lets say the expiry date of certain batch is 31 Dec 2012. (This date could be automatically calculated based on master data stored in plant data / stor 1 view of material master)
  2. But system creates an inspection lot based on Next Inspection date in batch master.
  3. You can maintain this date as 30 Nov 2012 (as you want to perform inspection before 1 month of expiry) in batch master using MSC2N transaction code.
  4. If you want system to update this field at the time of batch creation, you can use appropriate user exit, by means of which at the time of GR system would ask you put next inspection date manually and subsequently would update the batch master.
  5. You can run QA07 or QA06, so that based on need, the batches which have crossed this next inspection date would be transferred either to block stock or to an inspection stock with creation of 09 inspection lot.

Regards,

Anand Rao

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can also set the insepction interval up in the QM view so that the next inspection date is the same as the expiration date when the batch is created.  Then when you run QA07 set the "window" for inspection lots to be 30 days.  This creates the lots 30 days before they expire and hence 30 days before your expiration date.

When you make the UD the expiration date can be extended and the next inspection date will be re-calculated.  If you want to keep the expiration date and next inspection date in sync you may need to use a user exit for this. QEVA0003 - Calculate "Next inspection date" for batch

FF