cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mails are not generated in background Jobs and not shown in SOST.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have facing issue regarding to system mails. I want to send mails the various reports automatically from SAP System to different recipients. So I scheduled that reports at background and in their spool list recipient I have added distribution list.

But that mails are not generated, it is not shown in transaction SOST also. When I send mails manually it goes successfully to only our company domain recipients. But not other domains. How should I resolve this problem?

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"So I scheduled that reports at background and in their spool list recipient I have added distribution list."

Please check whether the background jobs you've scheduled are finished successfully or not. Check the job logs for further details.

Regards,

Srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

I have checked the background jobs they showed it finished. Following logs are shown in job logs. Is problem is due to 3rd log??

18.03.2012 14:23:34 Job started    00           516          S

18.03.2012 14:23:34 Step 001 started (program RFITEMAP, variant PDC FARMAR, user ID DEVELOPER1)      00           550          S

18.03.2012 14:23:37 No items selected (see long text)                                              MSITEM         033          I

18.03.2012 14:23:42 Spool request (number 0000026302) created without immediate output               SY           355          S

18.03.2012 14:23:46 Job finished                                                                     00           517          S

When I saw further details of 3rd log it following message.

No items selected (see long text)

Message no. MSITEM033

Diagnosis

No line items meeting your selection criteria could

be for the following reasons:

1.) No corresponding items have been posted.

2.) You are not authorized to display this data.

3.) The items have already been archived.

Please help me out.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AMit,

As per the below message,

Spool request (number 0000026302) created without immediate output               SY           355          S

Can you change the print settings in the Background job to print immediate instead of spool witout immediate output?

Goto the released job -> Change Job -> Goto Job step

Double click on the report -> Print settings . There you can change it to immediate output.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if the background job for sending mails was failed.

Regards,

Venkata S Pagolu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkat,

Actually I am not understand what you said??

Sorry!

Amit