cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound delivery : Auto goods recipt

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

how can we do auto goods receipt of inbound delivey w/o manual intervention  .

one option is VL06I . but client doe snot want batch job. they need real time goods receipt.

any FM or enhancement we can do ?

Regards,

satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Is your plant WM managed ? for such case WMTA output type can be triggered & in shipping control we can have adopt putway quantity & post GR(confirmation of TO also done in background) .  This way automation is possible.

If Plant is not WM managed , you can think of creating new output type. As soon as delivery is saved new output type will be triggered & GR posting is possible.

You can call std program to post GR or you may work with IDOC for this purpose.

My suggestion is IDOC.

Thanks,

Mahesh

tony_shen7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Pls allow me to raise one more question.

What's the difference among using the way of output type,std program and IDOC?

The advantage and disadvantage.....

Why do you choose IDOC?

Thanks,

Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

say if we are enabling std program to do PGR in real time in that case if any data is not available or any field value is not maintained which is required to post the GR , though program will run but PGR will not be posted. Process is failed here & it would be very difficult to track what went wrong , you need to take the help from ABAP & debug it to find out the root cause.

For repetative failure both Business & service providers will be unhappy as for corrective measure time is required.

In case of IDOC , what is oing to happen , system will copy the required field values, add to the segments of IDOC & then IDOC will be used for GR posting. If GR is not posted you can easily to to the log of output , take the IDOC number & see the details in WE02. Here Idoc details will be available & in status records you can see the reason of Failure. Corrective measures can be taken in parellel for IDOC program & you can easily reprocess the failed IDOC with maintaining appropriate values in segments.

I hope above clarification is answering your doubt.

Thanks,

Mahesh

tony_shen7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

You are perfect, you make me clear about it.

Because I am a new guy for SAP logistics, I am not familiar with IDOC,I have a lot of stupid questions.

p.s what about output type ?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

You need to define new output type & Trnsmission medium would be EDI.

Please read more on help.sap or any other website for output types / Idocs & relevant details.

Thanks,

Mahesh

tony_shen7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Thank you very much for your great help.

Thanks