cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trnfer Long Text in code of catalog from production to quality server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Hi, I am new to SAP QM and need help, can anybody tell me, how I can transfer Long text of codes of code group in catalog from production to quality server?

Actually when I am looking into Display Quality Plan (TC=QP03) and select operation line and click on Inspection characteristics then select 1st characteristic line then click on catalog then on this table there is logo (badminton shape) of display details when I click on it, I get codes and long text of it, so here when I click on page shape logo for long text then there is no data in long text on Quality Server. By similar path, I get long text on production server.

PLEASE SEE ATTACHMENT OF SCREEN SHOTS FOR MORE CLARIFICATION.

Now I want that, this long text should seen on quality server like on production server, so what to do for this, please provide right solution, so as the long text data will be seen on quality server.

Waiting for your valuable reply

Thanks,

Naresh Patil

SAP PP/QM Consultant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Martin_H
Contributor

You can distribute catalogs (code groups, selected sets) with QL41 via ALE. This should also distribute long texts. Distribute the respective catalog/code group from you production to quality system.

MH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MH,

there are lot of code groups so I have to transfer one by one or there is any option for mass transfer also it's from Production to Quality Server transfer, as it is reverse side transfer so is it really possible of not?

Thanks,

Naresh Patil

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Naresh,

it is a standard SAP transaction: you can use normal selection options (like from..to or mutliple selections). So no need to do it one by one.

Also it is not a problem to transfer this from your prod to your quality system...just make sure the respective settings for ALE have been made (talk to your SAP Basis guys). Simply said: if it currently is working the way from Q to P, you just have to make settings the opposite way in order to enable the transfer also from P to Q.

Regards
MH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MH,

Thank you very much, I will do it, as mentioned, if any problem then will come to you sir.

Thanks,

Naresh

Answers (0)