cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

excise posting date and billing date of referenced document are not same

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,  when i am creating invoice I am getting the error "excise posting date and  billing date of referenced document are not same ,Please check the date in billing document.

The date in billing document is 19-03-2012

Please help me to solve the issue.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Generally, while creating an excise invoice in J1IIN, we only key in the billing document reference and not the date.  This being the case, I presume, the billing document has already been generated and at a later date, you were trying to create an excise invoice.  Nevertheless, system will give only an information and not an error message if I am correct.  If my understanding is wrong, let me know the error message number.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply,

I got this error while creating invoice VF01.

I am not able to save the invoice because of the error.I didn't get any error number.

Regards

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

please dibble click the  error message , then it will come some data ,

normally when you create the the billing document , 19.03.2012 , after create the j1iin system automatically takes date 19.03.2012,this is for standard process   , what is you sale , normal sale or depot sales , please tell me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is normal sales process.

When I double clicked on the error mesg it is not showing any data.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The standard process is VA01 > VL01N > VF01 > J1IIN but I am not sure, why system is checking the excise posting date when you generate billing document.  Have you generated excise invoice already referencing proforma ??  Excise Invoice cannot be generated before generation of billing document and the error what you had indicated shows excise invoice has already been generated which is creating confusion.  Please spell out clearly what exactly you were trying to do.

G. Lakshmipathi

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

in normal process  , this error comes only one process or all process , it means all document types ,

check in this setting , img-logistic general - tax on good movement -INDIA-basic settings- excise group settings, here you maintain the settings , like no.grs per ei-2multiplu goods issue

migo settings, default challan quantity in GR, after assign the delivery type to billing type for same path out going invoice tab, check the delivery document date , once try to same process in quality ,