cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validating A Field from Different Data Source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Please advice how can I validate a input from a different Data Source.

My Requirement: I need to validate Employee Codes (Kept in a Oracle DB)  from a MDM Field.

User will input Employee Code from Data Manager / Iviews which I need to validate.

Please advice.

Regards

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you can develop java or abap, .Net application you can do that by using MDM API(abap, java or .net)

For example, you can connect to OracleDB and get data from it(source) and then compare it with data in your input or in MDM repository(connect to repository through MDM API)  then you can save or modify data in mdm repository according to your requirement.

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean you want to validate the "Employee code data before it is Imported into MDM" when you say "I need to validate Employee Codes (Kept in a Oracle DB)  from a MDM Field "?

If yes then i do not think it is possible for MDM to validate the Data since MDM does not even have the data.

If you want to validate data when it is Imported into MDM then you can write validations to Achieve the same.

Let me know what kind of validation you want the system to perform on the Employee code? so that i can help you in writing an expression for the same.

Rgds,

Prasad