cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any option for Matching for duplicate Records using MDM Iviews

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Any option is there to provide Matching  Duplicate of existing Records using MDM Iviews provided in Portal.

Requirement- I need to find Duplicate Records before adding the same in Data Manager. (MDM).

Also, in  MDM-Result Set Iview, do we have any option to Export the items displayed.

Please Advice.

Regards

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasenjit ,

In MDM there is a concept of Unique field  . Specify a particular ID as a Unique field or combination of certain fields as Unique in the Console .

When u try to create a duplicate entry in the system , it will automatically throw an error saying " Unique Constraint violated " .

Regards,

Vignesh

former_member4344
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

Why do you need the iViews? Are you still at nw version prior to 7.1? If not I'd like to suggest to use awesome MDM WD components As per MDM WD components you can do that via customization options while configuring WD components. Otherwise there are a lot (at least more than it's needed for WD) of coding required (as I remember through the years of my previous experience with MDM portal content )  to achieve the same things via iViews: you need to acquire the record was clicked in Result Set then implement matching via Java API (for internal or external record) and show the results either in Result Set (with a detailed navigator using Item Details) or directly in Item Details. All the integration between iViews and your codings will be done with URL parameters (you can find how-tos at help.sap.com). Maybe now it's better in the area portal content than it was but the usage of WD is better choice now instead of iViews

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman

Thanks for the inputs.

Please sahre some links / examples of "How to" use MDM WD .

Regards

former_member4344
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Roy, me again

Three most useful links:

1. How to use it - How to use MDM Web Dynpro Components
  2. How to integrate it - How to integrate MDM Web Dynpro Components with BPM
  3. And sometimes you need to refer to the documentation MDM Web Dynpro Components Reference Guide

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman

Thanks for such helpful infromations.

Regards