Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with condition editor in interface determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have used a condition where

If a NE 72 and b NE 73 and c NE 02 then go to one interface or else go to the other interface.

but my requirement is i want my condition to check all a b and c and then decide the interface. But when i checked the trace it's checking a and if its equal to 72 ,, it's not checking b and c values. It's coming out saying invalid inb if condition..

How do i over come this. I want all the threee values to be read?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If a NE 72 and b NE 73 and c NE 02 then go to one interface or else go to the other interface.

but my requirement is i want my condition to check all a b and c and then decide the interface. But when i checked the trace it's checking a and if its equal to 72 ,, it's not checking b and c values. It's coming out saying invalid inb if condition..

The behavior is correct, since if a is ne to 72, then there is no more reason to evaluate condition b and c since the Boolean operator is AND. It behaves like the statement if(a!=72 & a!=73 & a!=02) instead of (a!=72 && a!=73 && a!=02).

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Ok thanks, Can you suggest any way which can suffice my requirement?

TIA

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How about inverting the logic? If a = 72 and b = 73 and c = 02 then interface B, else interface A? The outcome is the same, and there is no additional workarounds effort

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Cant do that. Interface B has another condition. Inteface A has no other alternatives other than the one i mentioned above

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And how about two separate, complete sets of conditions?

If a NE 72 and b NE 73 and c NE 02 then go to interface A
If a = 72 and b = 73 and c = 02 and (another condition for int.B) then go to interface B

This should match your requirement.

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prabhas

Boolean Rules follow while using AND. If first condition is not successful, it will not check the rest. While using OR, even if first condition is not successful, it will check the rest to find at least one true value.

Try something like this: I am not sure whether in this also all values would be read.

NOT((a E 72) OR (b E 73)) OR (c E 02))

Regards

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Monika

NOT(a E72)??

sorry i didnt get it.How do we declare like this in condition editor??

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you adding "AND" blocks or "OR" ? there are two types - "and" and "or" and you need to add "AND" so that 3 conditions are checked

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI MIchal,

I am using And .. i have mentioned the same in the intiating post. Tat's were i am confused and posted the thread here