cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QCI stock values in BAPI_INSPLOT_SETUSAGEDECISION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day,

I wanted to make a background usage decision to approved with the BAPI_INSPLOT_SETUSAGEDECISION; On approval, it moves to unrestricted. This is an IS-OIL system so we have QCI values during stock movement; When we off-load the quantity using o4h1, it creates the lot quantities based on the values in the TD shipment- ;
Now when i make a usage decision and post to unrestricted, it asks me the QCI values during posting. When i run the bapi for background processing; are the QCI values taken into account automatically? How will i give the system the relevant characteristics if these are not catered for - in automatic posting?

One solution could be to not make the automatic stock posting; just make the UD commit and then make the movement? i dont think the system would allow that movement without Qm;

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a suggestion Instead of all of this ,use the "stock posting praposal" in QS51 ( Usage deciosn selected set" ,to post the stock to relevant pocket.

So what you have to do is just take UD & stock posting will happen in background.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have looked into the stock posting proposal- QS52 - this stock proposal is only relevant if i use the selected set option in the bapi;
it seems to work without providing the UD code and code group as well when i run it;

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zeeshan,

Kindly excuse me as I could not understand the requirement correctly.

For what purpose you want to run BAPI_INSPLOT_SETUSAGEDECISION?

For forcing result recording, for stock posting or for giving UD or for all of these to take place in background?

1. From your second post, it seems that you are not inputting any UD code in this BAPI.
  2. Also, I didn’t understand QCI value. Is this the inspection characteristic?

Have a look on QA16 transaction also. It also can be run in background.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me rephrase;

I wish to make UD decisions for my inspection lots through the bapi. QCI values are IS-Oil specific entries which dictate quantity conversions; ( quantity conversion  interface (QCI) for your reference: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_oil472/helpdata/en/70/23cb8d419311d2ac100000e829fbfe/frameset.htm)

When i complete the UD (pass) in the foreground, it asks me for the qci items ( temp, density etc) and then completes the stock movement to unrestricted

I wanted to know how would i cater for these values using the bapi- it does not have any parameters for the qci - (unlike the goods movement for oil bapi which has specific parameters)

would the auto stock posting automatically pick the qci values from the original document? I will test and find out now;