cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Content 7.05 Installation on BW 7.01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Brothers.

Our Basis Team is about to updgrade the BI Content to 7.05 we are currently on BW 7.01 with BI Content 7.04.

In order to upgrade is their any pre-requsite need to perform on our end as while doing any patch or upgrade on R/3 side we have to perform several steps that is clearing the extraction que, delta que.

kindly please share your knowledge and experiance on this.

Kind regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls refer SAP Note 153967 - BI Content Release Strategy

SAP Netweaver 7.0 (including SAP NetWeaver EhP1 and EhP2): 

BI Content 7.01; 7.02; 7.03; 704; 7.05; 706

• SAP NW 7.0  BI Content Add-On 7.05 (BI_CONT 705)
    • delivered in July 2010.
    • SP1 is mandatory.
    • the following SP stacks are prerequisite for installation:
      for SAP NW 7.0: SP stack 21
      for SAP NW 7.01: SP stack 06
      for SAP NW 7.02: SP stack 03
    • End of maintenance: The BI Content Add-on 7.05 will remain in maintenance until: July 2012

Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rupali.

Thank you very much for the information but my question was that do we require to clear the extraction que and delta que before we apply the BI Cont 7.05 on our BW server as according to the situation we are applying the BI cont 7.05 on BW server not on R/3 so there is no chance of corrupting the extraction que because extraction que is on the R/3 side.

our Basis team send me one note 1321293 in the 2nd page you can see in the pre-requsites it is stating to do so, but i am not sure about that.

if some one give me clear advice that in order to install BI Cont 7.05 on BW side is there any need of clearing the extraction que, running the V3 jobs and empty the delta Que.

Kind regards,

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you check this note carefully under Important General information it status some presteps to be executed at BI end.

-Note that the qRFC version must be 45 or higher (see Note 0498484).

-Process your V3 update entries before you carry out the upgrade. Otherwise, there is a risk that you may no longer be able to update entries if changes are introduced into the interface structures of the V3 update modules by the patch or upgrade (see Note 328181).

-Before the upgrade, process your entries in the extraction queues. Otherwise, there is a risk that you may no longer be able to update these entries if changes to the interface structures of the qRFC function modules are introduced by the patch or the upgrade (see Note 328181).

-Before the upgrade, delete your entries in the reconstruction tables for the logistics extraction applications. Otherwise, there is a risk that you may no longer be able to use these entries if changes to the extraction structures are introduced by the patch or the upgrade (see Note 328181).

Else rest needs to be taken care by Basis team to execute this upgrade.