Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role Deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I deleted a Role in Development system. I made sure to add it in a transport request before deleting it. When I was trying to delete the Role, it had few users assigned to it in Development system. So, I had to remove the user assignment and then delete the Role.

This same role has some users assigned in QA and many users assigned in Production.

- Do I need to remove the user assignment before the transport moves to QA and Production?

- Will the transport fail to delete the roles in QA and Prod, if I do not remove the User assignment?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

While deleting a role the user assignments will automatically gets removed for the role.

So no need to remove user assignment before the TR movement in QA/Prod. The transport will not fail.  Kindly check it.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I will not fail to delete roles when transport is imported.

Best practice is to delete user assignments before deletion of role to avoid any warnings & inconsistencies.

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

While deleting a role the user assignments will automatically gets removed for the role.

So no need to remove user assignment before the TR movement in QA/Prod. The transport will not fail.  Kindly check it.

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

In addition to Laxmans reply:

make sure, that in the importing system(s) pfud is executed with the option 'Cleanups' from time to time to clean up user assignements to such non existing roles (table agr_users). this is done of course within the pfcg_time_dependency-job, if scheduled with standard selection.

cherio, Bernhard