cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement of WBS by Period

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

When i try to run Cj88 for one WBS ele,ment with some cost posted on this, using processing
type BY PERIOD i get an error message "settlement rule for network not maintained" but when i run
the CJ88 with processing type "Automatic" it runs as desired.

I want to know where do i maintain the config so thar system also allows settlement by PERIOD??

Thank you.

Regards,
Jatinder

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

adam_sobkowicz2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

"The difference to periodic settlement is that in full settlement you settle each time all the costs that have occurred for a sender object for all the periods prior to the settlement (and are not yet settled). If PER rules exist, they take precedence over the FUL rule."

If you want to settle by period you have to have distribution rules with settlement type PER not with FUL in the network.

Go to CJ20n click on the activity and go to menu Edit -> Costs -> Settlement Rule. Check if you have in the column Settlement type you have FUL or PER.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

Thank you for the swift response.

PER and FUL is fine. i am clear on the difference.

I want to understand the difference between PER and AUTOMATIC settlement?

Regards,

Jatinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jiatinder

when you want to settle to AUC use the distribution rules with settlement type AUC (generated by sys) & processing type periodic.

when  you want to settle to FXA you should use the settlement type Full  &  processing type partail capitalisation / automatic.

However the processing type Full settlement is used for the settlement rules with distribution rules of settlement type PER ( Periodic ) only, in to check whether the balance still exists in the object after the settlement due to debits to previous periods.

Settlement type FUL (full settlement )   & processing type Full settlement.  ( processing type full settlement has nothing to do with AUC ).

With Processing type Automatic : the distribution rules with settlement type PER ( Periodic settlement ) are executed before settlement rules with settlement type FUL ( full  settlement ).  Settlement to assets with settlement type FUL are only taken it to accout after the relevent WBSs are TECO.

however with Processing type Partial Capitalization, the distribution rules for the assets with settlement type FUL are used if the WBS elements is not  yet TECO.

Hope the above information will the clarity on your question.

Regards

Rao

Answers (0)