Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ECC/PI to IBM Websphere Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have design question.

an external partner using IBM websphere tool,

Master data and transactional data should be exchanged between companies.

As the transaction data is expected to be huge, What is the best approach in handling the data?

ECC (Idocs) --> SAP PI (Convert Idocs to XML/txt)-->JMS adapter---->IBM Websphere.

1. Is this the best approach to handle huge data?

2. Is there any other way to interact with IBM websphere apart from JMS adapter?

3. Is there any other better approach

Kindly suggest.

Thanks

Deepthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is really good approch to integrate IBM Webspehere MQ,anyways JMS adapter supports XML/TEXT file processing,

other approach: you can try with web service also,but it requires some effort from IBM Websphere team to write a logic,but your client using MQ to store the messages then use your approch only because even if you use web service finally they will move data to MQ and handling text files bit risky using SOAP calls.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for the reply.

1. Any idea how much huge data can be handled through JMS adapter? as we are planning to send transaction dump to partner.

2.  Is it possible to handle secure connection through JMS adapter using certificates?

Thanks

Deepthi

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Any idea how much huge data can be handled through JMS adapter? as we are planning to send transaction dump to partner.

I worked on JMS adapter but never experienced perfromance issues,not processed huge data but processed high volume(30k messages per day).

2.  Is it possible to handle secure connection through JMS adapter using certificates?

I dont think so till  PI 7.1 but from PI 7.3 we can.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Reddy,

Do you know how to encrypt a file which is generated from ECC to be sent to PI.

We are going to use a web Service to connect PI to an external system where it will be decrypted back.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj.

// I dont think so till  PI 7.1 but from PI 7.3 we can.//

Can you please confirm if this feauture is available from 7.3? we have PI 7.1 and we are ready to upgrade to 7.3 if the security feature is available in JMS adapter?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deepthi

With Websphere, the recommended approach would be to use Web Services.Because you have bulk data, synchronous messaging,  you could go for Soap Adapter. SSL configurations on soap would help secure data transfer.

To obtain faster turnaround time on PI system, you can go for the ICO approach.

Regards

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

// With Websphere, the recommended approach would be to use Web Services.Because you have bulk data, synchronous messaging,  you could go for Soap Adapter. SSL configurations on soap would help secure data transfer.///  I was referring to the SAP recommended document below  http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3380  They suggest to go for JMS adapter..   // To obtain faster turnaround time on PI system, you can go for the ICO approach.//  What is this OCI approach? please explain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deepthi

Ideally you could use anything for integration like soap adapter, jms, files , but all that depends on the receiver system.

Whichever protocol, the receiver system is able to understand, you should go for that approach.
When we were integrating with Websphere, the Web services were readily available and the same web services were getting used by other customers also.

ICO: Integrated Configuration Objects which run only on the Adapter Engine, Because they are faster.

JMS needs additional jar deployments on XI, as mentioned in the document.

Regards

Monika

Regards

Monika

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not 100% sure about this..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deepthi

Check the additions in pi 7.3 wrt JMS.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/a2/fc644eb17e43b3a6442c5c522ad55e/frameset.htm

However it does not indicate anything about security.

Regards

Monika