cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIM-00035: You have entered and invalid option for the -EDIT command

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've just to install ERP2004 on Windows 2003-Server with Oracle 9.2.

The installation up to the step "database instance".

During this step, I get the following error:

" CJS-00095 Eror return code.<br>DIAGNOSIS: Return code 35 of executable <path>/bin/oradim indicates an error.<br>SOLUTION: See log file oradim.log for details.

The oradim.log contains the following information:

"DIM-00035: You have entered and invalid option for the -EDIT command"

I've so far useless tried to find effectual information about this error.

I would really very glad, if someone could help me in this way.

Furthermore, I'm not oradim literate.

Thanks in advance,

Petra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

well that looks very much like sapinst is invoking oradim with a set of parameters ordim does not know.

at this point it would be helpfull to find out which exact oracle and Sapinst versions you are using and what the sapinst logfile does tell you additionally. (there should be the complete commandline visible in sapinst_dev.log which is called)

this problem may normally only occure when the master CD was originally not release for this particular Oracle Release you are using. but lets see...

peter

ps:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

I'm really sure, that I've installed Oracle 9.2.

But the intallation master of SAP demands for the Oracle-Client 10.2-CD.

Could therein be the trouble?

If you have any solution for the problem, please let me know.

Thanks,

Petra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi peter,

should I install ORACLE 10.2 for the Installation of ERP2004?

And if yes, where can I find the correct CDs?

Thanks,

Petra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aha,

you take the newest Installation Master (may be named Patch Collection Installation Master) which is also supporting Oracle10. I suspect this one to be also able to install in an Oracle 9 environment..

Be aware that there is a Dialog in the Dialogphase of the installation which will ask you which Oracle Server version and which Oracle Client version. Can you remember which values you select there? You should select Oracle9 for both.

regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

oh yes, I think, that I took the Installation Master of the ERP2005-CD-package.

That is, that I should look for the Installation Master for the ERP2004-Installation, right? I took the newest version, because it is assumed that it would work definitely.

So, I installed the Oracle 9.2 Database with the Client CD 10.2, for which the installation-master asked.

Is it right to act on the assumption, that I should take the version of the Installation-Master for ERP2004, which is findable on the Service Marketplace?

regards

Petra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi peter,

a further problem is due to the available Installation-CDs on Service-Marketplace.

There, I can only find the CD 51032143_13 (Installation Master 6.20/6.40 Windows Server on IA32 32bit ). So far, I've taken this verion of the Installation Master. And this version causes my problem.

I would be very glad about a soonly reply.

Thanks & regards,

Petra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

I encountered the same problem.

Can you please send me an email with solution to above problem.

Thank You

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

just follow

naziem_mohamed
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I have the same problem, Did you find a solution to this issue. I think SAP Made a mistake with release software. cause this package only comes with oracle 9.2. This problem arises with the oracle command that was in the script of the SAP installation. Has SAP resolved this issue

Naziem

Message was edited by:

Naziem Mohamed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would be very glad, to have if you make an early reply to me.

Kind Regards,

Petra Wiedemann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is to create services in windows.

Look for exact version of client ur using.

Try like this

oradim -new -sid devl -intpwd <password> -maxusers 10 -startmode auto -pfile w:\oracle\ora81\database\initdevl.ora which is to be run from command prompt.

Replace ur SID in this command.

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

which password should I enter in this command?

Thanks,

Petra

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

PASSWORD is the password that is used to connect / as sysdba. I guess u might have given same password for SIDADM. u can use that.

Regards

VInod