Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial no conflict

praveen_hannu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SD experts

At my client we have a requirement, when I create a delivery order respect to that the equipment master automatically creates and assign the serial no which is assigned at the delivery order level. After creation of the delivery order, if I change the serial no, changes will reflect in the equipment master also, but now my problem is if I change the serial no in the equipment master it is not reflecting in the delivery order.

Kindly let me know is there any other config settings need to be done.

Thanks in Advance

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, There is no backward integration between serial number and sales order or delivery. Only SO or delivery will create a serial number ,which in turn will create an equipment number.  Once this is done, there is only a relationship between the sales document and the serial number.  The reverse relationship however does not hold true. This means that any changes to serial number or equipment number does not change the relationship.

If you really want to change the serial number and equipment number (you can only change both of them, not just one of them), you have to programatically remove the serial number profile in the line item of the delivery LIPS-SERAIL. Now the old serial number and equipment number will be delinked. It is only visually delinked, but the entries still exist in the table VISER02 relating the eqpmt number and the sales document.

Once this is done, then populate the serial no profile once again programatically. This will create a new serial number and equipment number based on their respective number range.

Other than this, no other way is possible. We have done this for our project for SO though, but the concept is name.

Answers (0)